Orochi Tower - Plethron
|Orochi Tower - Plethron|
Orochi Tower contains the research headquarters of Plethron, one of its eight daughter corporations. Inside the Tower itself, there are three separate Plethron floors: Alpha, Beta, and Omega. Each of these floors is involved in its own unique research, but they all relate to Plethron's agricultural focus in some way.
Research on the Alpha floor was directed towards the study of insects, primarily Locusts, as a means of finding a harvestable protein source. The goal of the project was the mass production of protein bars for impoverished nations, in order to fight worldwide malnutrition and starvation. Scientists on this floor were divided into two isolated teams, each with the same goals (this is often done in science for quality control and to increase the number of ideas, as competition is one of the largest drivers of the scientific method). Team A developed an effective protein bar made from preternatural Egyptian Locusts, while Team B summoned a Pestilence Golem that continuously spawned insects.
Scientists on the Beta floor were attempting to develop plants that could withstand the effects of natural disasters, namely lightning strikes, acid rain, and fire. This team, named R.E.S.I.L.I.E.N.C.E., was given harsh deadlines and ultimatums as a result of their entirely unsuccessful results. The center room is occupied by the T.E.M.P.E.S.T. team, which developed a device capable of creating and shaping weather conditions. The primary goal of both teams is to use these technologies to increase the longevity of crops in harsh conditions, as a means of fighting starvation.
Researchers on the Omega floor were studying a small Golem, designated GR-002. This creature could adopt a dormant state when cut off from water and sunlight, allowing it to survive indefinitely under harsh conditions. Scientists were studying this trait in the hope that they could apply it to plants, such that they could grow anywhere without ever dying.
The Locusts brought in by Team A to start a breeding program outgrew all attempts to contain them, killing everyone in the team. Team B tried to apply a pesticide to The Source to increase the protein content of their insects through stress, but this sent the Golem into a frenzy, killing everyone in the team (who had gathered in the center room to watch).
Both teams of researchers continue to work on their projects; R.E.S.I.L.I.E.N.C.E. has continued to meet with utterly no success, while the T.E.M.P.E.S.T. team has trapped themselves without access to the weather controller due to deadly weather effects, with one of their scientists stuck behind streams of flame.
None of the researchers remain on this floor, but the Golem remains dormant in the complete darkness of the final room.
- Hostile Elements - Beginning of Alpha floor.
- The Room - Just before the final room of the Omega floor.
- Confrontations and Revelations - After completing The Eight-Headed Serpent, in the final room of the Omega floor.
- Orochi Tower - Plethron: The base map that all players can see.
- The entrance is located at The Orochi Underground. ,
- Locusts above corpses use Insect Swarm on players standing over the bodies, dealing damage every second.
- First room: Lightning test, one generator with rotating beams
- Second room: Lightning test, four generators with rotating beams
- Third room: Lightning test, three generators with shock patterns
- Fourth room: Acid rain test
- Fifth room: Fire test
- Final room: Acid rain maze filled with a lightning shock pattern and bordered by fire pipes
This location is included in the Become a Terrible Thought, Oh Hi Mark!, Build me up, tear me down, Tower Crawler, and Tower Cartographer achievements. It also contains lore for the Annalist achievement.
- Lilith: The Black Signal, Entry #1 - Alpha floor.
- Orochi Tower: Entry #5 - Alpha floor.
- Reaping the Whirlwind: The Black Signal, Entry #2 - Alpha floor.