Triggers (Monster Ability)
This is a generic name used to indicate that the monster has special abilities that tied to various Trigger events.
In theory, the developers can give a monster any number of special abilities that are based of any of the five Trigger events. The effects listed below are the ones confirmed in game
- Note: This icon is used by several "normal" monster abilities as well as this "nightmare" type ability. Care should be taken to read the tooltip description of the icon to find out what any given monster has.
- Effect: Various effects, including:
- Stats - These trigger changes their offensive or defensive stats:
- Enmity / Seething Hatred - Whenever the monster lands a non-Glancing hit on a player, it gains a single stack of Enmity. When the monster has 5 stacks of Enmity on it, the stacks are removed and it gains the Seething Hatred buff. Whenever the monster lands a Glancing hit on a player, the Enmity and Seething Hatred effects are removed
- Energy Charge - Whenever the monster lands a Penetrating hit, it gains the Energy Charge buff.
- Energy Shield - Whenever the monster lands a Penetrating hit, it gains the Energy Shield buff.
- Energy Surge / Energy Discharge - Whenever the monster lands a Penetrating hit, it applies a single stack of Energy Surge to the player. Whenever the player Blocks an attack from the monster a single stack of Energy Surge is removed. Whenever the player gains 3 stacks of Energy Surge, they are removed and replaced by Energy Discharge
- Regenerative Cells - Whenever the monster receives a Critical hit, a single stack of the Regenerative Cells buff is removed
- Vulnerability / Degeneration - Whenever the monster hits a player, if the player does not have Vulnerability on them, they gain a stack of Degeneration. When the player gets 5 stacks of Degeneration, all stacks are removed and the player gets Vulnerability instead.
- Duration: Permanent