The Prometheus Initiative
|The Prometheus Initiative|
|Region:||Valley of the Sun God|
|Start Location:||Orochi Retreat (Scorched Desert)|
|Given by:||Lisa Hui|
|Added in:||Update 2.0|
The Orochi camp nearby has been overrun with Filth. Investigate the site and the Orochi operation there might uncover interesting information.
There are 4 tiers to this mission.
- Go to the Prometheus Initiative camp
- Examine the scientist's tablet
- Search the tent
- Gain access to the computer logs
|There is a body in corner of tent with 1981 scrawled on floor.|
- Shut down the pumping station's power
- Switch at
- Turn off the control valve
- Valve is at
- Override the pressure controls
- Controls are at
- Turn the power back on
- Same switch you turned off at
NOTE: For this tier, not only do you have to be wary of the Transformed Scientists wandering around, but the filth you have to run through to get to the storage units will cause you to be Afflicted with Filth Exposure. The damage to Filth Exposure can stack up fairly quickly making the monsters around the tanks that much more dangers to take on. Finally - some of the towers are periodically leaking filth and will hit you with additional stacks of Filth Exposure if you get hit by it while climbing the ladders.
- Purge Storage Unit A
- Top of tank at
- Purge Storage Unit B
- Top of tank at
- Purge Storage Unit C
- Top of tank at
- Find Dr Themis
- Go to the door located at , and then he will appear
- Kill the filth-infected Dr Themis
- Lisa Hui: (Getting a bottle of water out of a cooler) "Prometheus Initiative. (The label on the water bottle says "The Prometheus Initiative" as well.
- Lisa Hui: They knew how to take care of their own. Water, food, ammo...
- Lisa Hui: There's even a crate of Scotch, oak aged, first class stuff.
- Lisa Hui: That wasn't for us, obviously.
- Lisa Hui: We were just here to provide protection like good little Orochi tin soldiers,
- Lisa Hui: while the suits and white coats called the shots and reaped the benefits.
- Lisa Hui: We didn't ask questions, and now we're left without answers.
- Lisa Hui: We don't even know what the Prometheus Initiative was doing out there.
- Lisa Hui: There is - was - a depot, close by;
- Lisa Hui: it's where a lot of the logistics were handled, away from prying eyes.
- Lisa Hui: Flying supplies in and the other stuff out, always under the cover of night.
- Lisa Hui: It was also the first place to get hit when the hitting began.
- Lisa Hui: We lost a lot of good soldiers that day. Some suits, too, but who keeps count?
- Lisa Hui: We've gone in there to restock, but it's lethal. The place is crawling.
- Lisa Hui: I'm a loyal employe...to a point, and they're pushing that point.
- Lisa Hui: Where's our backup? Our transportation? There's been no word. No info, no intel. Nothing.
- Lisa Hui: I'm not even sure they're planning an evac.
- Lisa Hui: It's strange the way it happened, like they knew exactly when and where to hit us.
- Lisa Hui: All the hallmarks of an inside job.
- Lisa Hui: And whoever hit us, they're still around, and they have resources.
- Lisa Hui: So much for job security.
- Lisa Hui: Are you guys hiring?
- While in the tent for Tier 1, make sure to pick up the quest Old Scotch, New Problems, which takes place in this area as well
- This mission is required for the Subsidiary achievement
- This mission is required for the The Eight-Headed Serpent achievement
|Solomon Island Missions||▪ Kingsmouth ▪ Savage Coast ▪ Blue Mountain|
|Valley of the Sun God Missions||▪ Scorched Desert ▪ City of the Sun God|
|Transylvania Missions||▪ Besieged Farmlands ▪ Shadowy Forest ▪ Carpathian Fangs|
|Tokyo Missions||▪ Kaidan|
|South Africa missions||▪ New Dawn|
|Faction Missions||▪ Dragon ▪ Illuminati ▪ Templars|
|Other Missions||▪ Hub Cities ▪ Scenarios ▪ Seasonal ▪ Events|