Through out The Secret World there are yellow honeycombs, each with a bit of lore. Some are an easy find, turn a corner and there it is. Some of them require a bit ingenuity and, when they were feeling generous, a helpful ladder.
The Lore honeycombs are meant to represent knowledge that is passed onto your character by The Bees, a little bit at a time.
The lore of the Secret World is that of our world, our history; just a little deeper, a little more sinister. Newly introduced to this hidden history we gather the pieces from conversations, tasks, and honeycombs.
Lore Honeycombs mark the spots, scattered throughout the game, where Lore can be added to your Lore journal. To acquire the specific element of lore, click on the Lore Honeycomb, and allow it to download to your Lore journal. Once it is acquired, that Lore Honeycomb will no longer appear on your screen. You cannot reacquire Lore once you have acquired it.
Lore has to be actively acquired. It is not sufficient to merely spot the lore. Nor is it sufficient to get within some area surrounding the lore, as it works with most mission requirements. You have to actively click on the Lore Honeycomb, and then allow time for the lore to be downloaded to your Lore journal. Because of this, acquiring lore can be disrupted if you are attacking during its acquisition.
Locations of Lore
Lore can be found in both easily accessible and hard to get to locations throughout the game. Lore can be found in all the major areas of the game, from Faction HQs in London, New York, and Seoul, to the individual zones of Kingsmouth, the Savage Coast, Blue Mountain, and all the others. Lore can also be found inside mission instances. Since these Instances are only accessible during missions that unlock them, you want to be certain to thoroughly search every Instance to make certain you have located and obtained the lore.
|This is an example of a completed lore collection. This specific lore collection comes from the Solomon Island Local History for the 1712 Fire. As you collect each of the Lore Honeycombs in the collection, the story is revealed to you.|
Current Lore List
The collections of lore are guaranteed to grow over time as new mysteries and new content is added to the game. Lore is and should be a constantly moving target. The best you should ever be able to say is, "I have acquired all the known lore at this time." You should always be on the lookout for new lore, and expect to have to revisit old areas in the search for newly revealed lore. Lore added from events and issues is the proof of that, especially since some of these have parts all around the world.
- Main article: Lore:Solomon Island
Valley of the Sun God
- Main article: Lore:Valley of the Sun God
- Main article: Lore:Transylvania
- Main article: Lore:Tokyo
- Main article: Lore:Global
- Main article: Lore:The Bestiary
- Main article: Lore:Events
- Main article: Lore:Issues
- The Breaks in Time (From Update 1.6)
- The Sleepless Lullaby (From Update 1.7)
- The Sinking City (From Update 1.8)
- The Black Signal (From Update 1.9)
- Nightmares in the Dream (From Update 1.10)
- Reaping the Whirlwind (From Update 1.11.2)
- The Manufactory (From Issue 12)
- Manufactory Breached (From Issue 12)
- The Collective Unconscious (From Issue 13)
- Trail of Shadows (From Issue 13)
- The Call of the Nameless (From Issue 14)
- The Sleuth's Gallery (From Issue 15)
- Main article: Lore:Sidestories
|Solomon Island ▪ Valley of the Sun God ▪ Transylvania ▪ Tokyo ▪ Global ▪ The Bestiary ▪ Events ▪ Issues ▪ Sidestories|