This article concerns content for Secret World Legends. For the TSW Classic version, click here.
|Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste and see.
TRANSMIT - initiate the backstage bickering - RECEIVE - raise the red curtain - LADIES AND GENTLEMEN - initiate the Tragical History of - FROM THE SECRET QUARTOS - live from the Albion Ballroom Theatre - WITNESS - opening night!
Him in Black and Her in White. Professor Woland as Mephistophilis. Behemoth as the Duchess of Vanholt. The Ballets Russes as Dr Faustus. Dr Faustus as the Barman in the Back. The Buzzing as the Chorus. Ladies and Gentlemen as Witnesses to the Crazed Spectacle, September, 1935.
Enter Dr Faustus et all.
Her in White: O, Faustus, lay that damned gift aside.
Him in Black: Go forward, Faustus, in that famous art.
Faustus picks up the gift. Cue the magick and its exposure.
Barman: O, barbarous!
Dutchess: Agreed, sirrah, we must move on. Bring out the principal act!
|The pickpockets and prostitutes of Ealdwic loiter outside the newly opened theater. A warm September evening. They cannot fathom what’s happening inside the Albion - what twisted yarns, what black puppetry, what narrative engineering. All they know is that it is surely boisterous, surely stupefying, and - over the course of the years - will surely be outstanding for business.
Enter the course of the years. Every night a new crowd exits, pursued by screams of terror and euphoria.
Chorus: Ladies and Gentlemen, in the history of a more reputable theater, such frenzy would be an aberration. But not on the Albion’s stage! From dark seances to tasteless butchering to exploits ahead of their age - it was made to bear what no other would dare. Witness a spectacle that’s only just begun!
Duchess! Hack out a march!
- Unknown if this is required for The Buzz (Achievement)
- Albion Ballroom - Main article
- Entry 1 - The Buzzing is another name for The Bees
- Entry 1 - Dramatis Personae is Latin for "persons of the drama" and it often used by plays when listing the main characters in their play
- Entry 1 - Mephistophilis, Duchess of Vanholt, and Dr Faustus are all main characters in the play The Tragical History of the Life and Death of Doctor Faustus.
- Entry 1 - Professor Woland is the name of a character from The Master and Margarita, who actually winds up being Satan. That play drew heavily from Goeth's Faust play - which was based on the Faust myth, just like the The Tragical History of the Life and Death of Doctor Faustus.
- Entry 1 - Behemoth is traditionally a large creature of some sort, unknown how it relates to Faust
- Entry 1 - Ballets Russes is a famous Parisian ballet company.
- Entry 1 - Barman in the Back - ??????
- Entry 1 - Crazed Spectacle, September 1935 - Is perhaps a reference to the Nuremberg Laws passed by the Nazi party in 1935 - not confirmed, but nothing else for that month and year seem to have significance
- Entry 2 - Unsure if this is an exact quote from a version of the play or not
- Entry 3 - Exeunt is a stage direction meaning that one or more characters are leaving the sate
|Solomon Island ▪ Valley of the Sun God ▪ Transylvania ▪ Tokyo ▪ Global ▪ The Bestiary ▪ Events|