Jump to navigation Jump to search
Secret World Legends FAQ
Also see the official FAQ at https://secretworldlegends.com/faq/
What type of game is The Secret World?
- Secret World Legends (SWL) is a MMORPG developed by Funcom and co-published with EA. The game takes on a modern day setting where conspiracies and darkness drown a world hidden from the public's eyes. The Secret World is a class-less, level-less game. Skills are improved through actions allowing for complete freedom in character design.
When was the game released?
- The game was released as The Secret World on July 3, 2012, with early access starting on June 29, 2012.
Where can I purchase the game?
- It can be downloaded as a Free to Play game from the official website. All content in the game can be acquired with a free-to-play account
Are there subscription fees?
- There are no subscription fees required for access to any content
- There is an optional Patron system that is a subscription membership. It gives a bonus to XP earned, money earned, as well as free Keys for various caches. Players that do not wish to subscribe regularly have the option of purchasing the Keys separately (although they would not get the XP or money bonus)
Where is the official website? Forums?
- The official website can be found at http://www.thesecretworld.com/
- The official forums are located at http://forums.thesecretworld.com/
What platforms will the game support?
- Windows PC
- Linux PC - Unofficial Wine build - WineHQ Secret World Legends
What languages are available at release?
- French, English and German.
What are the system requirements?
- Minimum and recommended system specifications are listed on this [post]. Due to possible changes over time, the official forums of [Secret World] should be referenced for such information.
What classes does this game have?
- There are 9 starter Classes. But, these are really just builds meant to help get new players started. As you progress through the game, you have the potential to buy every weapon and ability there is. Meaning that as you progress the concept of "class" fades and you are able to create "builds" for various situations you face.
How many levels are there?
- Currently there is 50
What are factions/secret societies?
- Players must join one of three secret societies. These are either the The Dragon, Illuminati, or Templars.
So can I team up with someone of a different faction?
- Yes, in Player versus environment, all players can group together with the exception of a few missions that are faction specific.
Is there any player versus player?
- For Player vs. Player there is currently there is one Battleground which is Shambala. In that Battleground, it is 10-v-10 and faction does not matter.
- It is expected that Battlegrounds and Warzones from TSW classic will be re-introduced to Secret World Legends, and in those zones players are teamed by Secret Societies and are fight against the societies.
What are cabals?
- Guilds in The Secret World are called cabals. Cabals are only be made up of cross-faction, and can recruit players from any secret society that members decide they want.
- Cabals are optional for all players, and while it may make accessing some content easier (Dungeons, Raids), players can queue in the social group finder even without a cabal.
Is there a crafting system?
- Yes, in-game crafting is called Assembly.