Hey, can you allow for the uploading of .svg files? Right now they aren't in the list of permitted file types, but some of the icons used by the map templates and other things are svg images. Sojourner (talk) 15:50, 12 June 2016 (UTC)
- I added them to the file types! Let me know if there's any further issues, thanks :) Hsekiu (talk) 03:40, 13 June 2016 (UTC)
Admin rights for Special:Import
I think I've found a way to do some mass imports - May be able to get all of the article pages uploaded in a dozen imports instead of manually having to do them one at a time. Could I get rights to use that Special:Import page (may need to be admin rights)? Can grant me rights, I'll run the imports, and then put me back to normal right. Not sure what all that right gives, so if that's too risky, maybe I could email you the files to import? Sojourner (talk) 14:01, 13 June 2016 (UTC)
- Please e-mail me the files at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you. :) Hsekiu (talk) 22:48, 13 June 2016 (UTC)
Could you add something like Extension:MsUpload for uploading multiple files?
Related (although that extension is handy for normal editing) - I've gotten a script running that can download all the files from the previous site -- I think there was about 3,000 of them. Not sure what is the best way to load all of them into the new site. Can try to do them in batches with that extension, but do you have a better way to do this? Maybe something like this - ImportImages.php where the images have to be uploaded to the wiki server via a file copy, and then the script is run to import them to the wiki. Sojourner (talk) 00:31, 15 June 2016 (UTC)
- MsUpload has always been enabled through the wiki. You have to access it from editing a page, it shows up along with the semi-WYSIWYG-ish interface. It's kind of finicky and doesn't load sometimes, if it doesn't, just refresh your browser and it usually does. You don't need to save the page for the files to save. I also just added Extension:Upload Wizard, which also allows the uploading of multiple files, and is more user friendly for newer contributors. It should be listed in the special pages list.
- If you can send me the files, I can try it through that method. If it doesn't work out, we can just do it the MsUpload way. Hsekiu (talk) 19:54, 15 June 2016 (UTC)
- It's about 2GB of images, so too much to email. But, I think I have a script working that is uploading and editing the files for me. The first couple hundred seem to have gone ok. Will probably take an hour or more to run, there is over 8,000 files to upload. But, for regular editing - take a look at this. http://wiki.crygaia.com/index.php?title=Special:MultipleUpload Not sure what extension/addon/configuration was allowing that, but it was incredibly useful for images where the licensing, descriptions, and catagories were all going to be the same for every image (usually for clothing or locations). The multi-uploads we have now are not too bad, but not quite as friendly as that one. If we can find that extension, then good bonus. If not, what we have is ok. Sojourner (talk) 20:15, 16 June 2016 (UTC)
Hey, can you take a look at this . For me, that is showing up as a link instead of an image. And, if I go to the file page, the thumbnail shows up as something like a blue blob with some lines above it. Clicking on the thumbnail shows the correct image full size. So, I'm thinking it has something to do with ImageMagick rendering SVG thumbnails, since it seems to do this for all image files that are SVG Sojourner (talk) 14:46, 18 June 2016 (UTC)
- I fixed it. They should work fine now. Let me know if there's any further issues. Hsekiu (talk) 19:54, 18 June 2016 (UTC)
Hey, have another weird one for you. Take a look at the various Maintenance reports on Special:SpecialPages -- all of them say "The following data is cached and may not be up to date. A maximum of 1,000 results are available in the cache. There are no results for this report." Some of them I'm sure should have some pages to report, like Special:WantedPages. But even pages that should always be reporting something are blanked, like Oldest Pages Sojourner (talk) 22:12, 23 June 2016 (UTC)
iFrames for Skins
Playing around with the possibility of adding 3D skins. The best I've seen are ones that were uploaded like this - https://clara.io/view/ebc10caa-f546-4717-94fa-97dae0e8c0c8/webgl -- But, to put it on wiki pages would require ability to use iFrames like here - User:Sojourner/sandbox/Skins -- I see a couple extensions/widgets for that, but haven't looked too closely at them. Is that something that could be added without security concerns? Sojourner (talk) 17:31, 28 June 2016 (UTC)
- I see what you mean, but before I even look into the logistics of it I need to look into the legal aspects of it. I know how to extract skins, weapons, and such like the Bevis, but it was for personal/private viewing. I know there was another guy who tried such a thing like Bevis a couple years back, and his site was taken down entirely. I would have to talk to Funcom about this first. Hsekiu (talk) 20:34, 28 June 2016 (UTC)
Can we add this to the wiki = Extension:NumberFormat -- Want to be able to use numbers without commas in templates so that we can do math on them, but then display them with commas (example - template input = "xp=1000", the template calculates that "patron-xp=100" and then displays it as "xp = 1,000" and "patron bonus = 100" Sojourner (talk) 13:52, 18 August 2017 (UTC)
- No problem. I've installed it already. Let me know if you encounter any issues!
- Also, I've set up the basic discord. You can join here: https://discord.gg/bDNEYYZ
- We're not ready to go 100% public yet, but feel free to share it with other editors. I've organized it so we have separate channels for general wiki discussion and collaboration, help, and feedback. The help channel is mainly aimed at people who are new or just aren't sure how to do something, and the wiki-feedback channel is a good place for bug reports, extension requests, and other suggestions. There's channels for general SWL stuff and off topic, if you're into that, too. -- Hsekiu (talk) 16:41, 18 August 2017 (UTC)