The Sad Song
|The Sad Song|
|Region:||Valley of the Sun God|
|Zone:||City of the Sun God|
|Start Location:||Moutemouia's monument|
|End location:||The Necropolis|
|Added in:||Update 2.0|
Moutemouia's longing for an end to her eternal plight has weakened her defence of the temple city. Darkness is on the rise in the primordial catacombs, surging with each swell of Moutemouia's doubt.
There are 6 tiers to this mission.
- Go to the Primordial Catacombs
- Marked on your map, at
- Find who controls the suffering souls
- Enter the catacombs
- You will have fight your way past several Newly Released Suffering Soul
- In the second room, there will be The Urn of Suffering in the middle of the room
- There will be numerous Suffering Soul in the room. They will not attack unless approached
- If you are not able to destroy the monsters here very quickly, you may want to kill the Suffering Souls before attacking the urn
- Destroy the urn
- Kill the Shade of Suffering
- Continue deeper into the catacombs
- Exit that room to the east
- Kill the Shade of Torment
- 0/8 Free the tortured villagers
- They are in the room to the west
- There are a number of "Tortured Villagers" kneeling on the floor, use them to free them
- There will also be Soulstrippers walking around the room, pulling the souls out of the villages
- When a soul (a blue-white glowing ball) reaches the center of the room, it will turn in to a Wracked Soul and fly out of the room.
- Venture deeper into the catacombs
- Exit the room to the North
- In the room with the Vengeful Souls flying around, go East
- Kill the Shade of Vengeance
- Destroy The Urn of Wrath to make him appear
- Find who controls the shades
- Exit the room to the west, and in the next room continue to the west
- You will have to fight your way past 2 sets of 2 Vengeful Souls
- Kill The King of Red Shadows
- In the room will be 9 Suffering Souls, each standing in front of a Well of Red Shadows
- In the middle of the room will be The Urn of the Shadefather
- The King of Red Shadows will use Call of Suffering to call the Suffering Souls to help him
- Unknown what the Well of Red Shadows do.
- You can clear the Suffering Soul before destroying the urn to make the fight easier.
- If you kill the Suffering Souls, you might as well destroy the Well of Red Shadows - they grant XP as well
- Moutemouia: Mine is the sad song. I guess it always was.
- Moutemouia: You. You are all my father said you would be, and yet nothing like I imagined.
- Moutemouia: It's hard to base a perception on a word.
- Moutemouia: And it's wrong to chain someone to one place for all eternity.
- Moutemouia: I see you here, notw, and it fills me with relief and horror. Joy and sadness.
- Moutemouia: Relief that this, the longest wait, is almost over.
- Moutemouia: Horror you can see all around you.
- Moutemouia: The voice from the deep is drowning my song in its noise as the catacombs fill with the slaves of darkness.
- Moutemouia: Joy that my personal nightmare...
- Moutemouia: is perhaps coming to an end.
- Houy: You're not leaving me, are you, big sister?
- Moutemouia: I will never leave you, my love. Never.
- Houy: Promise?
- Moutemouia: I swear on my own children, little brother.
- Moutemouia: I swear on all the stars in the sky, on all the grains of sand in the desert.
- Houy: Okay, then.
- Moutemouia: And sadness for my little brother.
- Moutemouia: He never knew anything but his half-life, and now even that is being stolen away from him.
- Moutemouia: We are all that he has.
- Moutemouia: If it weren't for him I would just let go.
- Moutemouia: I would let the deep voices in, and allow them to still my song.
- Moutemouia: I would rest. I would sleep.
- Moutemouia: But I would miss him too much.
- This mission is required for Black Sun, Red Sand
- After completing an (optional) portal will open which will take you back to the shrine
- Lore Entry #9 for Lore:The Marya is in the room with the Tortured Villagers, during Tier 4 of this mission
- This mission is required for the The Sentinels achievement
|Solomon Island Missions||▪ Kingsmouth ▪ Savage Coast ▪ Blue Mountain|
|Valley of the Sun God Missions||▪ Scorched Desert ▪ City of the Sun God|
|Transylvania Missions||▪ Besieged Farmlands ▪ Shadowy Forest ▪ Carpathian Fangs|
|Tokyo Missions||▪ Kaidan|
|South Africa missions||▪ New Dawn|
|Faction Missions||▪ Dragon ▪ Illuminati ▪ Templars|
|Other Missions||▪ Hub Cities ▪ Scenarios ▪ Seasonal ▪ Events|