The Dark Places (Mission)
- This page is about the mission. For other uses, see The Dark Places (disambiguation).
|The Dark Places|
|Region:||Valley of the Sun God|
|Zone:||City of the Sun God|
|Start Location:||Thutmose's monument|
|Added in:||Update 2.0|
Hidden in the shadows of memory - and secluded beneath the black rocks - the canyon has long been a refuge for beasts and fallen warriors. Thutmose can no longer ignore all that stirs behind his back, but requires help to assess and purge the threat.
There are 6 tiers to this mission.
- Locate an ideal vantage point to survey the canyon
- On the natural bridge over the Ravine of the Champion, at
- Use the binoculars to survey the canyon
- Near corpse at
- You will be attacked by a Soul Corruptor (dragon-thing), and thrown from the natural bridge
- Fend off the Canyon Spirits
- You will die. They will overwhelm you, this is intended
- Search for help in the world of the spirits
- Remain dead, even if you go near your body, do not resurrect
- Ghostly Warrior at
- Make contact with a Ghostly Warrior
- Click on him
- Follow the Ghostly Warrior
- He will lead you to a portal at
- Use the portal to return to the land of the living
- Click on it
- Defeat the Guardian of the Threshold
- Big black dog, will approach after you return to the land of living
- Retrieve the Blade of Thutmose
- It will be on the ground where the Guardian of the Threshold died
- Return to the world of the spirits through the portal
- Use the portal again
- Use the Blade of Thutmose to rally 4 warriors
- Use the Blade of Thutmose from your inventory while having a Ghostly Warrior targeted
- Use the nearby portal to return to the world of the living
- Back to the portal again
- Use the blade to summon Thutmose's warriors
- Use the Blade of Thutmose from your inventory and it will summon 4 of the Ghostly Warriors to help you
- Fend off the canyon spirits
- Three waves of two Canyon Spirits each
- Lead the warriors through the canyon
- Defeat the Soul Corruptor
- Thutmose: That's two more in the bag! Mark a coil of rope on the board, brother. And on your watch, too!
- Nefertari: If you paid as much attention to your own watch, the scales of war would be weighted in our favour by now.
- Hemitneter: (To Nefertari) Oh, go stick your head in the sand, big bird.
- Nefertari: (To Hemitneter) You have a large mouth, little kitty. But your bite suffers.
- Nefertari: Your teeth have been blunted by idle chatter.
- Thutmose: As entertaining as your squabbling is, I'd rather...
- Thutmose: There are more of them, emerging from that ill-omened canyon.
- Thutmose: They gather there as mosquitoes would at a stagnant pool.
- Thutmose: When we laid siege to the temple city as flesh and blood, the Black Pharaoh's beasts withdrew to regroup.
- Thutmose: They knew it would be foolish for us to chase them within.
- Hemitneter: But you were fearless! You saw a nest of coiled vipers and did not hesitate to strike off their heads.
- Thutmose: That's ancient history now, Hemi, and I am more mindful.
- Thutmose: To purge that canyon again, I would council strategy, positioning, and caution.
- Nefertari: To think it only took you millennia to reach this enlightened state.
- Thutmose: Stone-headedness runs in the family.
- This mission is required for the The Sentinels achievement
|Solomon Island Missions||▪ Kingsmouth ▪ Savage Coast ▪ Blue Mountain|
|Valley of the Sun God Missions||▪ Scorched Desert ▪ City of the Sun God|
|Transylvania Missions||▪ Besieged Farmlands ▪ Shadowy Forest ▪ Carpathian Fangs|
|Tokyo Missions||▪ Kaidan|
|South Africa missions||▪ New Dawn|
|Faction Missions||▪ Dragon ▪ Illuminati ▪ Templars|
|Other Missions||▪ Hub Cities ▪ Scenarios ▪ Seasonal ▪ Events|