Shotguns use specialized shells when firing. When all shells are depleted, shotgun users can reload one of the available types of shells.
Shotguns are one of the primary weapon abilities. They are considered Medium Range - most abilities having a range of 10-meters
Shotguns are primarily associated with with abilities that focus on making enemies Hindered or Weakened, attacking with Strike attacks, and doing Penetrating hits. There are also abilities for Cleansing debuffs on yourself or your parth. They are primarily suited for the role of Damage, Tanking, and Support.
The Shotgun special ability is called Heavy Munitions
Your shotgun starts with 6 shells. Most Shotgun abilities consume at least 1 shell. After all 6 shells have been consumed, you must reload. Any Shotgun Abilities on your ability bar are swapped with Reload abilities and you must use one of those reload abilities to load the next 6 shells. You will not be able to use your regular Shotgun Abilities until you reload. Additionally, there is one reload ability for each type of shell the shotgun can use, and which reload shows up in which ability spot is random.
There are 4 types of shells that can be reloaded via reload abilities:
- Anima-Infused Shells -- These will heal you for 3% of your maximum hit points whenever you hit an enemy with a Shotgun Ability while they are loaded
- Dragon’s Breath Shells -- These inflict a damage over time effect on the enemy when you hit them with a Shotgun ability while they are loaded. The damage done stacks with each hit you make and can stack up to 6 times. The damage dealt by the damage over time effect is based on your Combat Power.
- Depleted Uranium Shells -- These hit for additional damage on every hit from a Shotgun Ability. The damage dealt by the additional hit is based on your Combat Power.
- Armor-Piercing Shells -- These have a 50% chance to apply Exposed when you hit with a Shotgun Ability.
Once you leave combat, the type of shells you had selected when combat ended will remain loaded. If you have less than 6 shells remaining, they will refill 1 shell per second until you once again have 6 of that type.
Active abilities are broken down into three paths - Crackdown, Control, and Enforce
- The Crackdown path focuses on Damage and includes:
- The Control path focuses on Support and include:
- The Enforce path focuses on Tanking and includes:
See the individual ability pages for more details, or Pistols abilities for a consolidated list
There are 5 paths of passive abilities plus one initial passive that feeds into all paths. Passive ability paths are not named
- The first passive ability is:
- The top row modifies the Active Abilities in the Crackdown path, and includes:
- The second row modifies the Active Abilities in the Control path, and includes:
- The third row modifies the Active Abilities in the Enforce path, and includes:
- The fourth row focuses in increasing damage and includes:
- The fifth row focuses on various utility effects and includes:
See the individual ability pages for more details, or Shotgun abilities for a consolidated list
- Main article: Classes
The following starter Classes incorporate Shotgun into their build, and the 'role' they serve.
- Punisher (Achievement)
- Gunslinger (Achievement)
- Warrior (Achievement)
- Now I am the Master
- 9th Degree Black Belt
<a href="https://twitter.com/SecretWorldLgds/status/872913633788936192">Shotgun Spotlight</a>
Weapons Deep Dive, Shotgun - See also Weapons Deep Dive
|Weapons||▪ Assault Rifle ▪ Pistols ▪ Shotgun ▪ Blade ▪ Fists ▪ Hammer ▪ Blood Focus ▪ Chaos Focus ▪ Elemental Focus|
|Talismans||▪ Head ▪ Finger ▪ Neck ▪ Wrist ▪ Luck ▪ Waist ▪ Occult|
|Consumables||▪ Elixir ▪ Energy Drink ▪ Ambrosia ▪ Anima ▪ Food▪ Gadget ▪ Vanity|
|Assembly||▪ Glyph ▪ Signet|
|Other||▪ Bag ▪ Makeup ▪ Pet ▪ Mission ▪ Theatre ▪ Clothing|
|Weapons||▪ Chainsaw ▪ Rocket Launcher ▪ Quantum ▪ Whip▪ Flamethrower|
|Assembly||▪ Toolkit ▪ Materials|