|Region:||Valley of the Sun God|
|Type:||Player versus environment|
The Scorched Desert appears as an explorable area of Valley of the Sun God within the Valley of the Sun God. A massive earthquake ripped the ground asunder, and black The Filth shot out from the cracks to corrupt and turn the land. Now, ancient evils awaken hungry for destruction and revenge.
In the tall shadows of ancient history, a long forgotten god has risen, a cruel Pharaoh is stirring in his grave and the Plagues of Egypt have returned to haunt the Black Land.
It all started in a small and secluded valley in the Egyptian desert when a massive earthquake ripped the ground open and a black, oily substance leaked out of the cracks to corrupt the land. In its wake, storied monsters have crept out of the dark places, ancient cults have taken the minds of the innocent and a forgotten temple has been rediscovered.
The villagers of al-Merayah live in constant fear, wedged between crazed cultists and the prophesied protectors of their ancestral land, the Marya.
And with darkness rising, all the agents of the secret world - good and bad – gather in the small valley; to fight for the spoils, to help those in need, or to answer the call of the Black Pharaoh.
- Abdel Daoud - High priest of the Aten cult
- Khalid El Sayad - Referred to as "one of the immortals"
- Nassir - A well armed Marya with a dance in his step and a case of C4.
- Saïd - Sitting in the shade atop the Hotel conducting important business.
- Shani - One of (if not the) leader of the Marya
- Zhara - Owner of Cafe Giza in al-Merayah
- Omar Moussa - Driven insane by the The Filth, lives in a small shack at (497,157)
- Ibrahim Nagi - Killed by Aten cultists. Lives in a house at Unknown coords
- Ehsan Awad - Hung himself rather than be killed by the cultists. Lives in a house at (535,387)
- Karim el Touni - Recruited to join the Marya, lives at (516,450)
- Lisa Hui - Orochi Group representative in charge of the Orochi Retreat
- Amparo Osorio - Representative from the Council of Venice
- Davide - A Council of Venice vendor
- Montgomery de la Roche - Archeologist from Britain
- Arun Singh - Assistant to Montgomery de la Roche
- Tanis - Operative of the Phoenicians, working out of al-Merayah
The Agartha portal in the Scorched Desert is underground, apparently unearthed as part of an archeological excavation. It can be found in the south-central part of the map, located at (532,142)
City of al-Merayah
- Scorched Desert Map - The base map all players can see
- Lore Honecombs - The base map with locations of Lore honecombs marked
- Mission Locations - The base map with all start points for side missions marked
- Rare Spawn Locations - The base map with all rare-spawn monster locations
- All Locations - All 4 maps rolled into 1
- Scorched Desert missions - A list of all missions to be found in the zone.
- The Ankh - The Orochi contingent in the desert have breached a shaft leading to an ancient subterranean temple. From the survivors' reports, the scientists that ventured inside encountered the Filth. The players must enter this Ankh and survey the situation.
- Pandora's Box is the associated mission.
- See also: Achievements
Specific to Scorched Desert
- Chariots of Fire - Explore the Scorched Desert
- Oxford, Comma - Complete the missions from the Archaeology camp
- Local Flavour - Complete the missions from the villagers of al-Merayah
- Back in Black - Complete The Ankh
Scorched Desert plus the rest of Valley of the Sun God
- Black Sun, Red Sand - Complete the Valley of the Sun God story mission, Black Sun, Red Sand
- Subsidiary - Complete the Orochi missions in the Valley of the Sun God
- How Can We Be Sure? - Complete the missions from the Immortals in the Valley of the Sun God
- Tourist Trap - Complete the missions from the visitors in the Valley of the Sun God
- Below the Sands - Fill out all lore entries in the Valley of the Sun God section
- Scorched Desert Zone Monsters - A list of monsters found in the zone.