Orochi Tower - Váli
|Orochi Tower - Váli|
Orochi Tower contains the research headquarters of Váli, one of its eight daughter corporations. Inside the Tower itself, there are two separate Váli floors: Alpha and Omega. Both of these floors is involved in its own unique research, but they both relate to Váli's biotechnology and genetics focus in some way.
Researchers on the Alpha floor design robotic replacements for organs and body parts. It is here that Orochi Nanny Drones were developed, used as part of the Prometheus Initiative in The Nursery (Instance). For some reason that is unclear, weapon tests were also conducted here, so there is a large presence of military drones on the floor.
Researchers on the Omega floor were harvesting organs from a male Bee and implanting them into Orochi Group drones, in an attempt to discover which organs are necessary to provide a connection to Agartha. Orochi Group purchased the Bee from a mysterious prison known as the Hive. Because of the subject's Anima, whenever too many organs were harvested he would die and resurrect at a nearby portable Anima well with the removed organs intact (i.e. they would disappear from the drones they were implanted in). The primary researcher repeated this process over and over again in the course of his experiments, dubbed Project Odyssey, utterly breaking the subject's will through torture. Ultimately, his funding was cut in favor of The Mitsubachi project.
A handful of researchers remain on this floor before the first security door, among a few non-hostile Orochi Drones. The military drones past this door became erratic and malfunctioned, slaughtering all personnel in sight. Trails of blood pass from room to room, where the drones dragged all of the corpses into the final room and began stacking them neatly on shelves as if they themselves were drones.
None of the researchers remain on this floor, but the Bee remains trapped under anaesthetic in a small chamber as his organs continue to power drones in rooms throughout the floor. Upon defeat of the final boss, which contains the Bee's heart, he resurrects at a portable Anima well and huddles in the corner, weeping.
- Hostile Elements - Beginning of Alpha floor.
- The Room - Just before the final room of the Omega floor.
- Confrontations and Revelations - After completing The Eight-Headed Serpent, in the final room of the Omega floor.
- Orochi Tower - Váli: The base map that all players can see.
- The entrance is located at The Orochi Underground. ,
- Orochi Nanny Drone
- Malfunctioning Ranged-Pacification Effigy
- Orochi Janitorial Drone
- Haywire Melee-Pacification Effigy
- Malfunctioning Razor-Dance Effigy
- Damaged Buckler Drone
- Entry #3 - Alpha floor.
- Entry #11 - Alpha floor.
- Reaping the Whirlwind: The Buzzing, Entry #2 - Alpha floor.
- Transcription of the second half of the office memo in the Omega floor:
- Wellness. We will. See into forever. We are all made of stars. Eat the light from your cells. There is no "I" in team, only meat. And eyes. Meat. MeatMEATMEATMEATMEAT. When the eighth head opens it's [sic] mouth. And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
- The Management
White board in the Alpha floor, found in on the wall next to an Orochi Nanny Drone
Lot 32xJ white board in the Omega floor, outside the room containing Prototype OD-18, a non-functioning Orochi Group drone
Lot 38xP white board in the Omega floor, outside the room containing Prototype OD-04
Lot 46xQ white board in the Omega floor, outside the room containing Prototype OD-11
Lot 50xC white board in the Omega floor, outside the room containing Prototype OD-01