|Start Location:||Red's Bait and Tackle|
|Added in:||Update 2.0|
The ak'ab are closing in on Red's Bait & Tackle. Red believes they are homing in on Ami because of her special talents. This could be an advantage. After all, offence is sometimes the best defense.
There are 5 tiers to this mission.
- Follow the trail into the forest
- Go up the small uphill path behind Red's store. It starts around
- Stop the attacking Ak'ab
- Defeat three waves of 4 Tenebrous Brood Invaders, followed by a Tenebrous Brood Ravager
- Find an Ak'ab nest
- Continue down the path until you reach the cavern at
- Enter the cave at
- You'll be taken to the Lair of Darkness
- Escort Ami Dexter as she searches the cave
- Defend Ami Dexter while she destroys the nest
- Defeat 5 waves of Tenebrous Brood Ak'ab - Two waves of four small ones, a single warrior, a pair of warriors, and the Tenebrous Brood Queen
- After the nest is destroyed, Ami will open a portal back to Savage Coast
- Red: You know, kiddo, the thing about fishing-
- Kyra Dexter: Oh good, a metaphor! You might want to, once in a while, you know, just say what you want to say.
- Red: You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
- Kyra Dexter: A metaphor about why he speaks in metaphors. Nice.
- Red: See, the thing about fishing is you need the right bait and the right rod.
- Kyra Dexter: I thought the thing about fishing was patience? That's what you said last time.
- Red: Patience ain't pertinent to this particular metaphor, kiddo. We're not fishing for trout. We're fishing for shark. Shark that's likely to slither through the front door any minute.
- Kyra Dexter: Could you please just stop with the metaphors and tell us what the bait is this story already?
- Red: Who, not what. Your mother.
- Kyra Dexter: My mother? Mom's bait?
- Red: Like shark to blood, bad things are coming for her. It's instinct. They're drawn to her because of who she is and what she can do. They sense how important she is, and they want her gone.
- Kyra Dexter: This is about grandpa again, isn't it? It's always about grandpa.
- Red: It's not about him as much as what he left behind. My brother passed his gift on to Ami, and she'll pass it on to you.
- Kyra Dexter: Great. Mom's bait and we're stuck like lobsters in a trap and my head's hurting from all the metaphors. I need my life to be simple again. So, who's the fishing rod in this story?
- Red: Isn't that obvious?
Upon entering the Lair of Darkness
- Ami Dexter: When I hear the land, she usually whispers to me, like the wind. In places like this: She screams.
By the first dead soldier
- Ami Dexter: I've dreamed about these things. Dreams of pale tentacles and tattered wings.
While wading through a pool
- Ami Dexter: People always call caves like this dank. What does that even mean... Dank?
- Ami Dexter: I've been down before, with Kyra. It always felt wrong, like there's a layer of darkness on your skin.
- Ami Dexter: They've slept below, underground for generations, waiting for their time to come.
Arriving at the nest
- Ami Dexter: The wound is deepest here. Can you hear the land crying?
- Ami Dexter: I will try to heal the wound - but I need to focus. And I need time. Can you take of that for me?
After destroying the nest
- Ami Dexter: That was a good thing we did. The land is strong, but sometimes she needs our help. It took me a long time to understand that.
|Solomon Island Missions||▪ Kingsmouth ▪ Savage Coast ▪ Blue Mountain|
|Valley of the Sun God Missions||▪ Scorched Desert ▪ City of the Sun God|
|Transylvania Missions||▪ Besieged Farmlands ▪ Shadowy Forest ▪ Carpathian Fangs|
|Tokyo Missions||▪ Kaidan|
|South Africa missions||▪ New Dawn|
|Faction Missions||▪ Dragon ▪ Illuminati ▪ Templars|
|Other Missions||▪ Hub Cities ▪ Scenarios ▪ Seasonal ▪ Events|