A Reasonable Man/tsw
|A Reasonable Man/tsw|
|Start Coords:||No Data|
|Given by:||Sam Krieg|
|Reward:||172,970 Experience Experience|
|Added in:||No Data|
Sam Krieg snipes at zombies from atop the lighthouse. Helping him on the ground could lead to some interesting insights into zombie behaviour.
Dialogue Scene Name
Sam Krieg: Ninety-nine filthy undead on a wall, ninety-nine filthy undead... If one of them filthy undead were to fall- ninety-nine filthy undead on a wall. The movies lied. They can take one to the head and keep on ticking. The dead keep rising, the buzz fades. Every day it's the same thing. Drink, shoot, write; write, shoot, drink. Like a hamster on a wheel. Around and around we go. Do you ever do that? Keep going when it serves absolutely no purpose? When it's already clear you're not making any kind of difference? A reasonable man might say, "This isn't working, I gotta change things up." He would do things differently, look for a way to break the cycle, find a way to give those things closure, instead of being stuck in this endless grind. But I write for a living. I make millions repeating myself. What's your excuse?
- Tier 1: Sam Krieg laments all repetitive behaviour as destructive and unreasonable. Anyone with any sense, he claims, would break the pattern and try something else. Attempt to find a way to break the pattern and see if zombies can be eliminated with more effective means.
- Tier 2: Just like Sam Krieg said, not even a well-placed shot can keep the zombies down. Maybe they can be crushed to death. Try baiting them to drive them off the bluff and see if the fall will keep them down.
- Tier 3: They ran off the cliffs, all right. The question is: what happened to them? There have been sightings of massive hulks on the beach below. Could they be involved int he coastline zombie infestation? Use the panoramic telescopes nearby to see what happened to the zombies.
- Tier 4: The fallen zombies simply got back up, and were exposed to some sort of material that changed them into raging giants. These titanic zombies are for more dangerous than the smaller, weaker ones. Unless stopped, the shores could soon be full of these enormous hulks, and it would be fare more difficult to kill them.
- Tier 5: The Zombie Goliaths were exposed to some sort of dark material gushing up from the earth. Find a way to plug the well to minimise the risk of it happening again.
- ###,### Experience total
- ###,### per Tier for tiers 1 thru #
- ###,### for completion of tier #
- ###,### Pax Romana upon completion of tier #
- # Sequins of ? upon completion of tier #
- Item Name QL# item type, upon completion of tier #
- 172,970 Experience
- 2 Sequin of Solomon Island
- 10000 Pax Romana
- The Twins (QL4 Pistols)
(21,620xp awarded) (86,490xp awarded at report)
Who is Sam Krieg to question the purpose and reason for the very wheel of life? Only a fool would willingly seek to break the circle. Consequently, Sam Krieg is a fool and not worth listening to.
The undead have an equal part to play. It is for us to find out what that part is, not to attempt to remove them from the equation. Your detailed report is appreciated. The black pools appear to multiply. Sightings are becoming increasingly frequent. We are gathering as much information as we can on this phenomenon.
Change is good, but too much changer too fast, is not.
I like Sam Krieg. I really do. His books always make me giggle like a school girl. He's not even a hundred percent wrong a hundred percent of the time. Then again, even a broken watch is right twice a day. Unless you go digital, then we're down to one.
Your focus on the black pool here was, of course, the correct focus. This dark matter obviously has an effect on everything it touches - living and dead - and we're getting more an more reports like yours.
I don't need to tell you that we'd prefer to be in front of the curve on this. That's the want. I'll leave the how to you.
There’s absolutely nothing reasonable about Sam Krieg, and you would do well not to give too much heed to his cynical ramblings. The man has made a fortune writing speculative fiction about things he has little to no understanding of.
He says there’s no point? Well, that’s just an illustration of his inability to see the big picture. The big picture in this case is, of course, not whether a zombie keeps coming back after you shoot them in the head, but how it came to be there in the first place.
Your report about the black pool echoes the findings of other field operatives, and you can be sure we are investigating and gathering as much data as we can about the phenomenon. Well done.
There are 5 tiers to this mission.
- Acquire flares from 5 Gutted Fisherman (near house at Lighthouse bridge)
- Use the flares to draw Sam Krieg's attention to 20 zombies
- Collect 8 half-eaten corpses
- Use the corpses to lure 8 zombies over the bluff (spikes are at Suicide Bluff)
- Use a telescope (at Suicide Bluff) (625, 131) (Watch zombie walk into black ooze) (clickable area is strangely to the left of barrels)
- Kill 4 Zombie Goliaths (might have to wait as zombies walk into ooze to respawn)
- Seal the dark well (rock above well, may have to kill mobs)