The Last Legion
|The Last Legion|
|Region:||Valley of the Sun God|
|Start Location:||Roman Ruins|
|End location:||Roman Ruins|
|Recommended Level:||No Data|
|Added in:||Update 2.0|
Dark powers are at large in the nearby Roman ruins, where the mummified remains of Roman legionaries are being reanimated. These ancient sun worshippers fled here to escape the persecution of the Roman emperors and found a new, dark god. The Atenists are exploiting the fact and necromancers are raising the dead at an alarming rate.
There are 3 tiers to this mission.
NOTE: This is one of the hardest missions in this zone, and many players may not be able to complete it if solo and level appropriate for the area. The final round of fights in tier 3 is especially difficult.
- Investigate what's going on in the Roman ruins
- Sol Glorificus, marked on your map
- 0/3 Kill the Sun Cult Priests and destroy their orbs
- 0/18 Clear the area of 18 Lost Legionaries
- Quite a large aggro range
- Typically patrolling the area in groups of 6, care should be taken that a second group doesn't aggro while fighting a first group
- Investigate the temples by the cliff
- Use the Orb of Aten, marked on your map at
- Defeat the Legion
- Primus Ordo Flavius will attack first - leader of the group on the left
- Primus Ordo Cassius will be second - leader of the group on the right
- Primus Ordo Meridius will be third - leader of the group on the front left
- Primus Pilus will be fourth - leader of the group on the front left
- There will be a brief pause while the fifth boss approaches
- Legatus Aulus will be the final boss. Periodicall throughout the fight, he will become invulnerable and one of the four groups of Unknown legionaries will attack. Each group has 6 legionaries.
- Khalid: The Romans are restless in their graves.
- Khalid: I hear them every night in my dreams.
- Khalid: Their whispers are...insistent.
- Khalid: The ancient Romans, child!
- Khalid: Legionaries of the Roman Empire.
- Khalid: We get all sorts.
- Khalid: They were part of a crumbling empire, worshipping a dying god.
- Khalid: Deus Sol Invictus.
- Khalid: The "unconquered sun."
- Khalid: Heh, the irony!
- Khalid: As Constantine christened Rome, the cult was dissolved and they scattered.
- Khalid: The most zealous fled here, to this valley, to unite with those who shared their beliefs.
- Khalid: The servants of the Aten,
- Khalid: the sun god.
- Khalid: It's no coincidence that they both worshipped the scorching sun.
- Khalid: Remember this! It might serve you in the future.
- Khalid: We were blessed with fortune.
- Khalid: It could have been the end of everything we know, of this world and others, but instead...
- Khalid: our enemies failed.
- Khalid: Thanks to the Marya, and the Sentinels who watch over the hidden city of Aten,
- Khalid: the sun worshippers were destroyed, and a cataclysm was avoided.
- Khalid: The few who survived fled south, but their dead were left behind.
- Khalid: With the new dawn of Aten upon us,
- Khalid: their bodies rise from the earth to join the dark disciples and their Black Pharaoh.
- Khalid: The Romans are restless, and they must once more be stilled.
- Khalid: Get to it. Now!
- Khalid: What, are you not used to being told what to do, child? Go!
- Khalid: Go go go go!
This mission is best done with the side quest Scattered to the Wind as that mission will have you picking up objects located in the same area as this one sends you.
- This mission is required for the How Can We Be Sure? achievement
- The names of the final bosses are based on ranks within the Roman Legion
- Primus Ordo = Centurion from one of the six Cenuria that make up the first of the ten Cohorts in a legion
- Primus Pilus = officer in charge of the first (and most senior) Cohort in the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_legion legion
- Legatus = A general the Roman military, and the officer in charge of a legion
- So, there should be 3 more Primus Ordo in the first cohort under the Primus Pilus, and then 9 other Cohorts under Legatus Aulus
|Solomon Island Missions||▪ Kingsmouth ▪ Savage Coast ▪ Blue Mountain|
|Valley of the Sun God Missions||▪ Scorched Desert ▪ City of the Sun God|
|Transylvania Missions||▪ Besieged Farmlands ▪ Shadowy Forest ▪ Carpathian Fangs|
|Tokyo Missions||▪ Kaidan|
|Faction Missions||▪ Dragon ▪ Illuminati ▪ Templars|
|Other Missions||▪ Hub Cities ▪ Scenarios ▪ Seasonal ▪ Events|