Dawning of an Endless Night
- This page is about the mission. For The Achievement, see The Dawning of an Endless Night (Achievement).
This article concerns content for Secret World Legends. For the TSW Classic version, click here.
|Dawning of an Endless Night|
|Start Location:||Jack's campsite|
|Requires:|| Chaos Practice |
Might Makes Right
|Added in:||Update 2.0|
Kingsmouth, a once peaceful town in New England, has been overrun by the living dead. The survivors are holed up at the Sheriff's Office. Question them to learn more about this undead infestation.
There are 22 tiers to this mission.
- Story missions often span multiple zones, take your time, they aren't intended to be done in one sitting.
- Other missions in the area often complement the story mission.
- Sometimes story missions require you to complete missions for other contacts, such as "Horror Show" for Helen Bannerman or "For a Fistful of Zombies" for Jack Boone. Those additional missions are hyperlinked to their own articles. If you need help, open that mission's article for additional details and walkthroughs.
- Keep your eye out for item missions along they way, while they usually don't offer as much story content as the "main" mission types such as Action, Sabotage and Investigation they can help you earn rewards and give you an opportunity to gain more gear.
- Accept the mission "For a Fistful of Zombies" from Jack Boone
- Complete the mission "For a Fistful of Zombies"
- Go to the Sheriff's Office in Kingsmouth.
- Complete the mission "Horror Show" for Helen Bannerman
- After her cutscene, talk to Helen Bannerman and accept her mission "Horror Show"
- Complete the mission "Elm Street Blues" for Deputy Andy
- Find Norma Creed
- There are clues for Norma Creed's location on Helen's desk
Norma's Location She is found at a house off of Poe Cove at
- Earn Norma Creed's trust by completing "They Never Stop Coming"
- Check on Norma Creed
- Return to Norma Creed and a cutscene will play
- Investigate the Lady Margaret
- It's docked at one of the piers in Fletcher Bay
- It's marked on your map at
- Defeat the Captain
- The Captain will come down the stairs from the front of the ship
- Examine the Captain's Log
- Use the yellow-outlined "Captains Journal" on the ground where The Captain died at
- It's timed, you have 60 seconds to use it before it disappears. If it does disappear, you will be reset to the step "Defeat the Captain"
- Ask Dr Bannerman about The Lady Margaret
- Listen to Dr Bannerman
- Wait for him to finish talking about The Lady Margaret
- Ask Dr Bannerman about The Lady Margaret until he gives you a lead
- Select "The Lady Margaret" from his "Dialogue" section again
- Once you get a check mark next to a dialogue topic, you have heard everything you can on that topic. You can selected again to replay it if you wish
- Locate Dr Bannerman's Clinic
- The Kingsmouth Medical Clinic, 8 Belmont Ave, at
- Examine Dr Bannerman's files
- Use the door to enter Dr Bannerman's Clinic (Instance)
- Use the computer and select "1" for case reports
- Whenever a computer prompts you for a password, you can usually type "hint" to get a hint to the password
Clue 1 Make sure to look around at all the objects you can interact with in the nearby area
Clue 2 "Four Seasons" mentioned in the picture is the name of a song
Computer Password The password to the computer is "Vivaldi"
- Read about the Lady Margaret incident
- Find Derrick Creed
- Find Lawrence Creed
- Find Joe Slater
- Go to his house on Belmont Avenue at .
- A short cutscene will play where your character will notice a slime trail leading to nearby manhole cover
- Reach Level 12
- If you haven't reached level 12 yet, you'll need to do some more missions around town. You can always check our progression guide.
- Enter the sewer
- Entrance is at
- Use the manhole cover to enter the Kingsmouth Sewer (Instance) by using the manhole cover
- Find Joe Slater
- When you come across a large Warmonger version of Draug, you cannot fight him immediately
- Later will be second "mini-boss" - the Broodsource
- After the Broodsource you will find Joe Slater and a cutscene will play
- Use the Siren Song and follow it
- Leave the Kingsmouth Sewer (Instance)
- Use the Siren Song in your inventory or quick access bar and follow the notes you can see
- It will lead you to the Blue Ridge Tunnel
- Enter the Maintenance Tunnel (Solo Instance)
- Continue to follow the song inside the maintenance tunnel
- The first laser barrier you come to is defective, go through it when the lasers flicker off
- The second laser barrier is along the ground and can be jumped over
- The third laser barrier is defective like the first - go through when the lasers flicker off
- You'll enter a small room with some notes on the desk and the wall
- A cutscene will play
- Examine Beaumont's notes
- They're on the desk
- All laser traps are now disabled as you exit
- Reach level 14
- If you haven't reached level 14 yet, you'll need to do some more missions around town. You can always check our progression guide.
- Follow the trail left by Beaumont
- Go to the Kingsmouth Municipal Airport
- Go to the second hanger on the left, it will have a "Scenic Flights" sign that matches the ticket stub, entrance is at
- Find what Beaumont was looking for
- The plans are on table in corner
- There are two clues on the table, you can only interact with one, either will advance the story.
NOTE: You will want to be at least level 15 before entering the Savage Coast
- Travel to the Savage Coast
- Go to the marked house
- Enter the basement (Illuminati Underground (Solo Instance))
- Explore the Illuminati underground
- Walk around a bit
- Unlock the Illuminati tunnels
- Pick up the book and read it for the clue to opening the door to the tunnel
- Pick up the various key items.
- You can pick up all of them if you like, but the ones you really need are: Balance (Yin/Yang), Skull, Phoenix, Pyramid, Eye
- Place the keystones in the door frame in this order: Balance (Yin/Yang), Skull, Phoenix, Pyramid, Eye
- Defeat the Guardian
- He will come out of the now open door, after the tunnel collapses
- He will most likely be beyond your ability to kill, but the fight will be interrupted before either of you die.
- Find John Wolf
- He is located at Dream Quest Kindergarten
- Complete the mission "The League of Monster Slayers"
- Complete the mission "Taking the Purple"
- Search the area for Phoenecian intelligence
- There should be an object on the ground near where "Taking the Purple" ended.
Hint It's a Phoenecian Pack laying on the ground.
- Follow the map to find the first piece.
- Defeat the Phoenecian scout
- Pick up the first relic piece
- There is a zone champion boss that runs through this area so you may end up with more than you bargained for while fighting the scout.
- The relic piece will be added to your quick access bar. You can remove it if you'd like, simply drag it off the bar into the game screen.
- Search near Nicholas Winter for information about the next relic piece
- Search the area near Nicholas
Hint There is a barn nearby.
- Examine the graffiti
- Find the second relic piece
Clue 1 The graffiti reads:Jack the lad Lost his head Left it where The lovers kiss
Clue 2 There is an area of the park called "Lover's Lake".
Solution In the south end of the park there is an area called "Lover's Lake", on the center island on the NE pillar, there is a relic and a book.
- Examine the book
- Find the author who specializes in the occult
- The book is "The Revenant Within" by "Sam Krieg"
- The author's location is marked on your map
- He lives in the lighthouse to the south-east
- Search the lighthouse for the third relic piece
- Combine relic pieces
- Right click on any of the pieces in your inventory or quick access bar to combine them.
- Locate the survivors at Innsmouth Academy
- In the office of the main building, to your left as you come in
- Complete the mission "The Rec Center Cannot Hold"
- Talk to the survivors at Innsmouth Academy
- Break into the old block
- Search the block for clues to the location of the Illuminati vault
- There is a corpse with a book called "The Order of Great Works"
- Find the Illuminati vault
Clue In each room on the ground floor there are loose floorboards, interact with these to try to find the entrance.
Solution On the ground floor, at the end of the left corridor (as you came in), interact with the loose floorboards to reveal the stairs going down to the vault.
- Open the Illuminati vault
Clue 1 This works much like the door in the marked house did.
Clue 2 In each of the rooms in the old block, you will find similar objects such as an old skull.
Clue 3 The book you found "The Order of Great Works" contains hints to the order of symbols.The Order of Great Works All things in their Place under Stars: The stone Lodges Erected To the Watchful Eye Upon the Bones of the Opposers And their Symbols, buried
- The Star of David
- The Masonic Symbol
- The Eye
- Templar Cross
- Explore the Illuminati vault
- Walk around a bit and... cutscene.
- Search the Archives to discover what Beaumont was doing here
- There are books with guardians near them - keep looking until you find the book with dead guardians next to it.
- It is located at 153,128.
- Escape the archives
- Go up the stairs behind where you found the book Beaumont was searching for
- You'll need to fight The Archivist
- You're looking for four glyphs on the floor that light up when you step on them. You have to light up all four for the secret exit to open.
- Travel to Blue Mountain
- Head down to the sewers
- You may need to fight another monster
- Climb up the ladder
- Continue traveling to Blue Mountain
- Investigate the disturbance
- Stop the Draug from attacking Red's Bait and Tackle
- Look for survivors in Red's Bait & Tackle
- Complete the mission "Ami Legend"
- Check on Survivors at "Red's Bait & Tackle"
- Go back into Red's Bait & Tackle and a cutscene will play
TIP: You will want to be at least level 23 before entering Blue Mountain.
- Go to Blue Mountain
- Reach level 25
- Find Eleanor Franklin
- Complete the mission "The Ghosts and the Darkness"
- Locate the mine elevator controls
- Return to Eleanor Franklin to learn more about the mine
- The book you found in the archive had a reference to the "The Devore Mansion" which was sold to "E. Franklin"
- Search the mansion for Edward Franklin's notes
Clue It's probably not out in the open.
Solution In the hallway just outside where Eleanor is sitting, there is a painting that says "In inferno nulla est redemptio", you can "use redemption" to open the door to a secret room. Interact with it.
- Search the secret room
- The notes are in a strongbox
- If the door shuts before you leave, you can use a book on the bookshelf in that room to reopen it
- Examine the notes on the wall
- Pick up the large sasquatch skull
- Bring the skull to the Sasquatch Chief to get their attention
- Complete the mission "War of the Totems"
- Reach into the Sasquatch Chief's hidden stump to claim your reward
- It can be a little tricky to find as it's hidden by bushes.
- Install the Glyph into the slot of a Superior (Blue) quality weapon or talisman
- Reach level 27
- Go to the Blue Ridge Mine
- Enter the deep shaft
- Take the elevator in the first room to the right after you enter
- Explore the deep shaft
- Pass the Gaia seals
- You first have to kill the Fiend of Corruption
- Interact with the plant/roots and a passage opens up into lighted area
- Walk into the lit area
- Visit Old Joseph's trailer park
- He's sitting in front of his trailer in the Wabanaki Trailer Park
- Reach level 30
- Speak with Old Joseph
- Activate the wards in Kingsmouth Town
- Defend the wards in Kingsmouth
- Activate the ward in the Savage Coast
- A stone circle behind Innsmouth Academy, at .
- Defend the wards in the Savage Coast
- Activate the wards in the Blue Mountain
- Stone circle up from Shack, or downhill from the Wabanaki Holy Site
- Defend the wards in the Blue Mountain
- Go to Wabanaki Holy Site
- Go to the deep shaft
- Confront Beaumont
Tips for Your Confrontation with Beaumont:
- The Gaia Engine will help heal you
- He will summon three doppelgangers, kill them as soon as you can.
- He will summon hounds of corruption, kill them quickly.
- He will use "Cellular Reconstruction" to heal himself, if you have a stun or knockback, use it to interrupt it.
- When he is close to defeat, ignore any additional hounds that he may summon and focus on him. They will despawn when he is defeated.
- Find a way out of the Ice Caves
- You're in the Ice Caves (Solo Instance)
- Just keep walking forward, and you'll advance
- There are notes along the way you can pick up
- Escape this dreaming
- You will come into a room with various settings - you can use the "memory" of each setting for a dialogue
- Continue to the north to exit
- Choose to accept the gift or reject it.
- Accept: Use the gift
- Reject: Jump off the cliff
- 11,250 when you find the sheriffs office
- 9,750 when you complete Horror Show for Helen Bannerman
- 10,500 when you complete Elm Street Blues for Deputy Andy
- 12,000 after you check up on Norma the second time
- 6,187 after reading Dr Bannerman's files
- 7,412 after completing tier 5
- 7,412 after completing tier 6
- 7,667 800 after completing tier 8
- Occult Talisman after completing tier 12
- Glyph after completing tier 16
|As you approach Jack Boone|
If your character is Dragon:
If your character is Illuminati:
If your character is Templar:
For all factions again:
|As you approach the sheriff|
|When you check on Norma the second time|
|The First time you ask Dr Bannerman about the Lady Margaret|
|The Second time you ask Dr Bannerman about the Lady Margaret|
|Talking to Joe Slater in the Kingsmouth Sewer|
|After following the Siren's Song|
| Tier 16
Dr. Bannerman's Case Files
|Case #40027 - Deviant Teenager|
Case #40027: Deviant Teenager ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Regarding Patient: Danny Dufresne Contact Details: 10 Belmont Avenue Referral: Mr Rosen Reason for Referral: Deviant Behavior including voyeurism and graffiti Method: Helen thought that this assessment would be the best way to stop Mr Rosen from pressing charges. It was pretty funny, the youtube clip of Rosen in his underwear watering roses. Diagnosis: Danny is a fine, healthy young man. His sense of humor might make him some enemies.
|Case #43781: Lady Margaret Incident|
Case #43781: Lady Margaret Incident ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Regarding Patients: Derrick Creed, Lawrence Creed, and Joe Slater. Contact Details: Lawrence and Derrick Creed (Business address): 5 Main Street, 555-1--4 Joe Slater (Home address: 4 Belmont Avenue, 555-1782 Referral: They came to me after the Lady Margaret limped back into the harbor. All of them needed help, so I arranged separate interviews. Diagnosis: It is too early to tell, but something clearly happened on that ship. Derrick Creed ------------------ Derrick suffers from severe headaches and a keen sense of paranoia. The similarities with Joe Slater and Lawrence Creed are alarming. It seems the symptoms develop at uneven rates, but I fear everyone on the boat might be affected with this. Whatever it is. Lawrence Creed ------------------ Second consultation with Lawrence today. The headaches are getting worse, to the point where he can no longer function normally. The paranoia has not abated and he has developed a new symptom: night terrors. I prescribed an anti-depressant, but if his development is anything like Joe's, I fear he will only get worse. Joe Slater ------------------ I saw Joe again today. This was the fourth consultation, and I'm at a loss. He was barely coherent, his left leg twitched and he obsessively scratched his right arm. Paranoia has developed into severe delusions. Consulted with Hartmann in New York who suggested the symptoms are more likely signs of schizophrenia, which echo my earlier diagnosis. With others from the boat presenting with similar symptoms, however, and the patient's lack of response to medication, I fear this might be something environmental. Something eating away at the brain. Prescribed clozapine, but am not optimistic.
|Case #42908: The Fortune Teller|
Case #42908: The Fortune Teller ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Regarding Patient: Madame Roget (real name unknown) Contact Details: Lovecraft Lane Referral: Self Appointment Reason for Referral: Not disclosed Method: M Roget seems to suffer from a variety of deviant sexual fantasies, not least of which involve an inappropriate Doctor-Patient relationship.
- The description for Tier 10 misspells "The Phoenicians" as "The Phonicians".
- If you pick up helmet lights and other usable items inside the Blue Ridge Mine instance, you won't be able to delete them.
- The helmet lights next to the entrance are fine.
- "'Twas right, said they, such birds to slay, That bring the fog and mist" quoted by Norma Creed - Comes from The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
- The phrase "In inferno nulla est redemptio" on the picture in the Franklin Mansion comes from a responsory of the Catholic Office of the Dead, in the third Nocturn of Matins, translated as "There is no redemption in hell".
- The image for the memory of language is from "Mont Blanc" by Percy Shelley. See Wikipedia - Mont Blanc (poem)
- The image for the memory of vision is a painting done by the artist Raphael and the quote is what is was engraved on his sarcophagus when he died, written by Pietro Bembo
- The image for the memory of leadership is the Cyrus Cylinder, a translation of which can be found at the British Museum
- The image for the memory of wealth is a picture of Xanadu, the fictional estate of the title character in the film Citizen Kane
|Meeting the Sheriff|
|Checking on Norma|
|The Siren Song|
|The Marked House|
|Arrival at Innsmouth Academy|
|Checking On Red|
|Blue Ridge Mine: Deep Shaft|
|Solomon Island Missions||▪ Kingsmouth ▪ Savage Coast ▪ Blue Mountain|
|Valley of the Sun God Missions||▪ Scorched Desert ▪ City of the Sun God|
|Transylvania Missions||▪ Besieged Farmlands ▪ Shadowy Forest ▪ Carpathian Fangs|
|Tokyo Missions||▪ Kaidan|
|Faction Missions||▪ Dragon ▪ Illuminati ▪ Templars|
|Other Missions||▪ Hub Cities ▪ Scenarios ▪ Seasonal ▪ Events|