The Darkness War Revisited
The Darkness War Revisited is the Mission Journal entry used for re-running The Darkness War (Mission) for The Darkness War (Dungeon). The information below is the relevant information for the The Darkness War (Mission) mission that applies to subsequent re-runs.
For the most part - the only thing that really changes is the reward. The "Revisited" runs do not get weapon items as rewards and earn less XP than the original mission.
This page is about the mission. For other uses, see The Darkness War.
WARNING! This is a dungeon mission!
- For a story-mode dungeon, at level, it is highly recommended that you have at least 2 additional players with you.
You can use the Activity Finder to form a group automatically.
|The Darkness War Revisited|
|Start Location:||Wabanaki Trailer Park|
|Given by:||Joseph Cajiais|
|Added in:||Update 2.0|
This is a single tier mission and is a framing mission for the The Darkness War (Dungeon).
This is a start-to-finish run, and there are no optional paths or choices to make. Keep moving forward and you will be doing the right thing.
- Dream of the Darkness War
- Reach the Norse landing
- End the Mayan assault
- Defeat the Dark House Sorcerer
- Reach the Mayan landing
- You will fight the Unbound Ak'ab along the way
- Kill the Mayan Battle Mage
- Search the forest for survivors
- Approach the Wabanki warrior
- Use the Wabanaki magic to get through the forest
- Enter the portal for a cutscene
- Stop the Mayan Ceremony
- Joseph Cajiais: The land itself remembers the past, and memories can be made images.
- Joseph Cajiais: With our magic, harvested from the earth, we can bring those memories forth, live them again,
- Joseph Cajiais: see what our ancestors saw. As real as a waking dream.
- Joseph Cajiais: I'm sure those Hollywood types would love to get their hands on this recipe.
- Joseph Cajiais: Sit. Breath.
- Joseph Cajiais: Raise the anchor of your soul and let your mind drift out into the great ocean.
- Joseph Cajiais: You really do have trouble letting go, don't you?
- Joseph Cajiais: Close your eyes. Your spirit wants this.
- Joseph Cajiais: My voice will be your guide through the memories. Listen to it.
- Joseph Cajiais: Let me be your anchor to this place, and you won't get lost.
- Joseph Cajiais: I'll pull you back when you've seen what there is to see. Don't worry.
- Joseph Cajiais: I've done this before.
- Joseph Cajiais: At least once.
- Joseph Cajiais: Or maybe I haven't. My memories are not as vivid as the Earth's.
- Joseph Cajiais: It was back in the days of our forefathers, many, many lifetimes ago
- Joseph Cajiais: that our land was invaded by an army of darkness from the distant south...
- Joseph Cajiais: They came in terrible ships, riding creatures of nightmares, wielding powerful black magic. We know them now as Mayans, but our ancestors saw them only as masked demons… from a hellish place.
- Joseph Cajiais: Our tribe was outnumbered and stood no chance against the invaders. Many warriors had lost their lives in the first battle, and the second battle was sure to destroy us all and leave the mountains unprotected.
At the Norse Landing
- Joseph Cajiais: The Norsemen came then upon our shores, in long boats, and they brought with them a powerful sword.
- Joseph Cajiais: Together, the Wabanaki and the Vikings were to build a shield around this island that would keep it safe from our enemies,
- Joseph Cajiais: from those who wished to dig into the mountain and unleash the serpent.
After the Third Boss
- Joseph Cajiais: With the blessings of our ancestors and theirs;
- Joseph Cajiais: with the power of all our rites and rituals, along with those of the Vikings;
- Joseph Cajiais: with every man and woman standing tall with a weapon in their hands;
- Joseph Cajiais: we were ready.
Before the Fifth Boss
- Joseph Cajiais: Time was short, and the darkness had to be stopped.
- Joseph Cajiais: By club, by spear, by sword…
- Joseph Cajiais: And by magic.
Before Entering the Forest
- Wabanaki Warrior: You cannot continue alone. The forest is flooded with blackness, blackness wept from the wound in the mountain. I have spoken to the earth. I asked it to guide you across the danger. Walk into its golden light now.
Warp to Last Fight
- Joseph Cajiais: Even with the Norsemen on our side, the battle was hard,
- Joseph Cajiais: and the Mayans crept ever closer to the summit and to the gateway in the hills,
- Joseph Cajiais: the gateway that had long been guarded by our people.
- Joseph Cajiais: It was the place of whispers, our tribe knew, and anyone who came too close was poisoned.
- Joseph Cajiais: The enemy knew this as well, but they craved
- Joseph Cajiais: the poison. They sought it, worshipped it, and for this reason they could not be allowed close.
When the Varangian Appears
- Joseph Cajiais: The Norsemen had brought with them the power of their gods,
- Joseph Cajiais: and this was something the Mayans were not prepared for.
- Joseph Cajiais: Its pure light terrified our forefathers,
- Joseph Cajiais: but when it was cast upon the enemy and burned them to cinders,
- Joseph Cajiais: our tribe saw that it was a good light,
- Joseph Cajiais: wielded by friends and allies.
After the Final Boss
- Joseph Cajiais: Much blood was shed that day and night,
- Joseph Cajiais: but when dawn finally came,
- Joseph Cajiais: we stood before that gaping mouth, and our enemy had died, or had fled.
- Joseph Cajiais: We were victorious.
- Joseph Cajiais: This is our story.
- Joseph Cajiais: This is the storyu of the people of the dawn.
- This mission is required for the People of the Dawn achievement
- Nacom Warcallers are named for the Mayan word "Nacom" which is a hereditary War Chief
- Batab Crusher and Batab Bloodletters are named for the Mayan word "Batab" which is a War Leader
- Chilian Psychopomps are named after Psychopomp which is a creature or spirit responsible for escorting souls into the afterlife
- Xibalban Bloodhound and the Road to Xibalba ability are named for Xibalbe, the Mayan "Place of Fear"
- For Wayeb-Xul - In the Mayan calendar Haab', Wayeb' is the five unlucky, nameless days at the end of the year and Xul is the name of the 6th month (Wayeb-Xul is the 6th boss in the dungeon)
|Solomon Island Missions||▪ Kingsmouth ▪ Savage Coast ▪ Blue Mountain|
|Valley of the Sun God Missions||▪ Scorched Desert ▪ City of the Sun God|
|Transylvania Missions||▪ Besieged Farmlands ▪ Shadowy Forest ▪ Carpathian Fangs|
|Tokyo Missions||▪ Kaidan|
|South Africa missions||▪ New Dawn|
|Faction Missions||▪ Dragon ▪ Illuminati ▪ Templars|
|Other Missions||▪ Hub Cities ▪ Scenarios ▪ Seasonal ▪ Events|