The Darkness War (Mission)
This page is about the mission. For other uses, see The Darkness War.
|The Darkness War (Mission)|
|Location:||Wabanaki Trailer Park|
|End location:||Wabanaki Trailer Park|
|Given by:||Joseph Cajiais|
The conflicts of man, as with time, as with the Dragon, are cyclic. What has happened before will happen again, and again. You will come to understand that nothing can be "prevented." What is, is, and instead we focus on how the outcome can be steered.
Little trouble holding your peace pipe? Your biofeedback has been all over the place. If Zurn sees this he's going to make a show-and-tell out of you, I mean open you up like a frog in a lab class. I'm kidding, what happens in the smoke lodge stays in the smoke lodge...and in an encrypted folder marked "leverage".
How kind of you to return to the world of consciousness. As much as it's commendable to participate in local customs, perhaps you could choose not to inhale next time. Under current circumstances, if you go incommunicado we must assume the worst. Don't make us assume the worst.
- Old Joseph: The land itself remembers the past, and memories can be made images.
- Old Joseph: With our magic, harvested from the earth, we can bring those memories forth, live them again,
- Old Joseph: see what our ancestors saw. As real as a waking dream.
- Old Joseph: I'm sure those Hollywood types would love to get their hands on this recipe.
- Old Joseph: Sit. Breath.
- Old Joseph: Raise the anchor of your soul and let your mind drift out into the great ocean.
- Old Joseph: You really do have trouble letting go, don't you?
- Old Joseph: Close your eyes. Your spirit wants this.
- Old Joseph: My voice will be your guide through the memories. Listen to it.
- Old Joseph: Let me be your anchor to this place, and you won't get lost.
- Old Joseph: I'll pull you back when you've seen what there is to see. Don't worry.
- Old Joseph: I've done this before.
- Old Joseph: At least once.
- Old Joseph: Or maybe I haven't. My memories are not as vivid as the Earth's.
- Old Joseph: It was back in the days of our forefathers, many, many lifetimes ago
- Old Joseph: that our land was invaded by an army of darkness from the distant south...
Warp to Last Fight
- Old Joseph: Even with the Norsemen on our side, the battle was hard,
- Old Joseph: and the Mayans crept ever closer to the summit and to the gateway in the hills,
- Old Joseph: the gateway that had long been guarded by our people.
- Old Joseph: It was the place of whispers, our tribe knew, and anyone who came too close was poisoned.
- Old Joseph: The enemy knew this as well, but they craved
- Old Joseph: the poison. They sought it, worshipped it, and for this reason they could not be allowed close.
- This mission is required for the People of the Dawn achievement
- Nacom Warcallers are named for the Mayan word "Nacom" which is a hereditary War Chief
- Batab Crusher and Batab Bloodletters are named for the Mayan word "Batab" which is a War Leader
- Chilian Psychopomps are named after Psychopomp which is a creature or spirit responsible for escorting souls into the afterlife
- Xibalban Bloodhound and the Road to Xibalba ability are named for Xibalbe, the Mayan "Place of Fear"
- For Wayeb-Xul - In the Mayan calendar Haab', Wayeb' is the five unlucky, nameless days at the end of the year and Xul is the name of the 6th month (Wayeb-Xul is the 6th boss in the dungeon)
|Solomon Island Missions||▪ Kingsmouth ▪ Savage Coast ▪ Blue Mountain|
|Valley of the Sun God Missions||▪ Scorched Desert ▪ City of the Sun God|
|Transylvania Missions||▪ Besieged Farmlands ▪ Shadowy Forest ▪ Carpathian Fangs|
|Tokyo Missions||▪ Kaidan|
|South Africa missions||▪ New Dawn|
|Faction Missions||▪ Dragon ▪ Illuminati ▪ Templars|
|Other Missions||▪ Hub Cities ▪ Scenarios ▪ Seasonal ▪ Events|