|Type:||Player versus environment|
The Savage Coast is the southern half of Solomon Island, with Kingsmouth being to the northeast and Blue Mountain to the northwest. This is the second zone on Solomon Island that characters will encounter.
While Kingsmouth is the main town on the island, and is the closest to mainland, The Savage Coast is more geared towards the islands tourist industry as well as being the seaward facing portion of the island. On this portion of the island tourists can find the Overlook Motel, Red Oak Beach, Atlantic Island Park, Kingsmouth Lighthouse, and Red's Bait and Tackle. Additionally there is a (very) private academy known as Innsmouth Academy.
There are also a number of houses and buildings here as well for residents preferring to live outside of Kingsmouth town itself.
The south-eastern portion of the island appears to have had a quite sorrowful history, with names like World's End, Suicide Bluff, Calamity Cliff, Hope's End, Lover's Regret. Perhaps tied in with a history of piracy and smugglers coming ashore at Smuggler's Scar.
This is information publicly available. Lore and missions may reveal further information.
- An earthquake destroys many of the buildings at Innsmouth Academy (Caused by a ritual summoning at the academy, and possibly interference by Templars) 
- The elementalism lab at the Innsmouth Academy is destroyed (Caused by an accident with portals, and possibly interference by Templars) 
- Carrie Killian moved to The Savage Coast, built a house there, and set up shop as a fortune teller and occultist
- Atlantic Island Park opens, despite multiple construction accidents, worker suicides, and other events
- Atlantic Island Park closes after multiple freak accidents and a stabbing by a crazed park employee in a chipmunk costume
- Several guests disappear from the Overlook Motel, and Carrie Killian is blamed
- The bodies of two mutilated boys are found in the Black Goat Woods
- Carrie Killian's house burns to the ground, witnesses say she was still in it as it burned.
- The remains of the house are boarded up and then left as-is
There are zombies here, just like everywhere on Solomon Island. And, the draug can be found just about anywhere the land meets the ocean. But, there are other invaders, perhaps even more dangerous, to be found here.
- Ak'ab, creatures that have been sleeping in nests under the ground for thousands of years, have awoken and are remaking the forests into something more to their liking.
- It turns out there is more to the Atlantic Island Park than simple amusement rides, and the rides themselves seem to be taking victims.
- All hell has broken lose at Innsmouth Academy which turns out to have been a center of study for the mystical arts, and now the things created there have turned on their makers.
- And, hell is literally trying to break through into our dimension via portals found around the Overlook Motel
- Ami Dexter is the niece of Red and mother to Kyra Dexter. Her father was the tribal Medicine Man before being shot by the foreman at the Blue Ridge Mine. She has inherited some of the spiritual powers passed down through the Wabanaki tribe. Her husband disappeared before the fog came, and hasn't been seen since. It is quite likely, although not confirmed, that her husband is William Dexter, the founder of the League of Monster Slayers.
- Kyra Dexter is the daughter of Ami Dexter.
- Red is the owner of Red's Bait and Tackle, uncle to Ami Dexter.
- Annabel Usher (Position Unknown) She originally from Scotland, and with ties to the Templars. But despite the Academy being a primarily Illuminati school, she prefers "the greater good" rather than secret-society affiliations.
- Carter is a student at the Innsmouth Academy. Not much is known about her except that she recently became friends with Danny Dufresne and speaks with him over her twitter account. The two discussed Mr. Freeborn's actions during the recent harbor planning meeting.
- Christine Armitage is the Librarian
- Coach Roarke is the Coach of the Innsmouth Track and Field Team.
- Hayden Montag is the Headmaster.
- Professor Albert Morgan teaches Applied Necromancy.
- Professor Allen Dyer teaches Trepanation & Geology.
- Professor Amriel teaches Parapsychology, along with Professor Peaslee.
- Professor Charlene Malone teaches Ancient Languages.
- Professor Donna Lake teaches Abnormal Biology.
- Professor Ferdinand Atwood teaches Psychic Education.
- Professor Francis Ashley teaches Occult History, along with Professor Gallard.
- Professor Gallard teaches Occult History, along with Professor Ashley.
- Professor Jones teaches Summoning.
- Professor Kraekenbuehl teaches Geometry.
- Professor Mary Wilmarth teaches Latin.
- Professor Nadine Upham teaches Mathematics.
- Professor Renteaub teaches Defensive Magic.
- Professor Rita Gilman teaches Animation.
- Professor Warren Peaslee teaches Parapsychology, along with Professor Amriel.
- Professor William Ellery teaches Chemistry & Alchemy.
- Daniel Bach is a freelance writer and correspondent, he is known for going into the most dangerous of locations - Iraq, Bosnia, and more. Ask him and he'll tell you all about it.
- John Wolf is at least working with Jack Boone, if not a regular partner of his. Although apparently this time John drew the short straw, because he's in the middle of the Savage Coast while Jack is back by Agartha.
- Nicholas Winter is son to Nathaniel Winter, and normally living in Boston, he has inherited the Atlantic Island Park, but has no desire to keep it and came to Solomon Island to sell it.
- Sam Krieg is a horror writer, he came to Solomon Island for inspiration
These are people who may have been in the Alternate Reality Game or who can be assumed to have been in the town based on other clues, but are not encountered in the game.
- Nathaniel Winter - Moved to Solomon Island in the early 1970's, bought land around the Henderson farm, and built the Atlantic Island Park. He disappeared after the park closed and has not been seen since. Eventually he was proclaimed dead, and his son Nicholas Winter inherited.
- William Dexter - Founded the League of Monster Slayers in 1983. In Sheriff Bannerman's computer for a pattern of drunk and disorderly behavior. It is also likely (although not confirmed) that he is the husband of Ami Dexter and father to Kyra Dexter
- John Anderson - Local conspiracy theorist. After meeting with Sam Krieg, he fled the island for fear that someone would try to track him down. Is it still paranoia if they really are out to get you?
The entrance to (exit from) Agartha can be found underneath the Miskatonic Bridge at (260, 795). The cave that the portal is located in is also referred to as "The God Cave" by the League of Monster Slayers.
- Dream Quest Kindergarten - It's unexpected for there to be a need for two kindergartens in a community this small. The other one is the Belmont Avenue Kindergarten in Kingsmouth. Perhaps this one was meant specifically for members of the Wabanaki Tribe who live outside of Kingsmouth.
- Henderson Farm - Not much of it is left now, just a few outbuildings. Most of the land was turned into the Atlantic Island Park
- Innsmouth Academy - A private school for students with special talents.
- Kingsmouth Lighthouse - "Tallest Lighthouse in the entire north-eastern United States". Accessible by a rather dinky rope bridge.
- Overlook Motel - It will never be mistaken for the Ritz, but it was once the main motel for tourists staying on the Island.
- Red's Bait and Tackle - Bait, tackle, souvenirs, kitsch - all your touristy needs.
- Sycoil Gas Station - When you just can't make it those couple extra miles to the one in Kingsmouth town.
- The Black House - Hysteria and closed-mindedness at it's worst, Carrie Killian was burned alive inside that house while neighbors stood by and did nothing.
- The Treehouse - Maybe not an official town building, but don't tell that to the members of the League of Monster Slayers
- Savage Coast - The in-game map all players can see
- Lore Honeycombs - The base map with locations of Lore honeycombs marked
- Mission Locations - The base map with all start points for side missions marked
- Rare Spawn Locations - The base map with all rare-spawn monster locations
- All Locations - All 4 maps rolled into 1
- Savage Coast missions - A list of all missions to be found in the zone
- Hell Raised - The players travel the Hell Dimension to try and find Theodore Wicker and stop the rifts from opening around the Overlook Motel
- Into The Inferno is also the of the mission that takes the players into this dungeon.
Specific to The Savage Coast
- Hell or High Water - Complete the Into The Inferno dungeon mission for the Hell Raised dungeon.
- Innsmouth Track & Field - Explore all of The Savage Coast.
- Magna Cum Laude - Complete all of the missions from Hayden Montag and Annabel Usher at the Innsmouth Academy.
- Reporter without Borders - Complete all of Daniel Bach's missions.
- Top of the World - Get a view from the top of the Atlantic Island Park rollercoaster
The Savage Coast, plus the rest of Solomon Island
- Coast to Coast - Explore all of Solomon Island
- For the Kindness of Strangers - Completely the missions given by visitors to Solomon Island
- Inside the Fog - Gather all the Lore about Solomon Island
- Jack-in-the-Box - Completely the Jack O'Lantern related missions on Solomon Island
- Dawning of an Endless Night - Complete the Solomon Island story mission
Also see Achievements.
- Savage Coast Zone Monsters - A list of monsters found in the zone
Ballfield, next to the Dream Quest Kindergarten