Pistols are small, handheld firearms, often used in pairs, and one of the weapon-based skill sets in The Secret World. Pistols dominate medium-range engagement, having more distance than Shotgun, but not quite the sniper-like range of Assault Rifle. However, the primary advantage to Pistols is speed and agility, with most skills triggering immediately without a need to 'warm up'. Skilled pistoleers will eventually learn to heal themselves, their allies, and deploy autonomous attack Drones as part of their ballet-like flurry of gunfire. Pistol abilities produce a number of Focus and Chain effects. Pistols are well suited to damage and support roles.
- Main article: Skills
- Damage: Double Up - Your Pistol abilities have a chance to deal an additional hit for a percentage of the damage dealt. (6% chance for 50% damage at 1 skill point)
- Support: Ingenuity - When deploying any Pistol Drone ability, your defensive target is healed every second for 5 seconds. (3 healing per second at 1 skill point)
- Main article: Ability
All Active Abilities require a set of Handguns in order to function. Passive Skills do not require a weapon, but some Passive Abilities modify a specific Active Ability that may require one.
As with all Abilities, the player can only use one Elite Active Ability and one Elite Passive Ability at any one time.
- Main article: Weapons
All active skills here require the use of an ability sprcific-type weapon. Passive skills do not require a weapon, but some passives modify a specific active skill, which in turn requires the use of a specific weapon.
- Main article: Deck
The following is a list of Decks which incorporate Pistols as one of its two weapon skills, and a brief description of the role they serve.
- Assassin -- [Dragon] Ranged DPS using Focus and Pistol Drone abilities.
- Bounty Hunter -- [Illuminati] Ranged DPS focusing on wearing down individual targets.
- Crusader -- [Templar] Ranged DPS with Single-Target attack focus.
- Gunslinger -- [Illuminati] Ranged DPS, specializing in Mob Combat with Chain Attacks.
- Paladin -- [Templar] Melee DPS, emphasizing Damage-over-Time and Mobility.
- Soldier -- [Templar] Ranged DPS emphasizing Speed and Mobility.
|Weapons||▪ Assault Rifle ▪ Pistols ▪ Shotgun ▪ Blade ▪ Fists ▪ Hammer ▪ Blood Focus ▪ Chaos Focus ▪ Elemental Focus|
|Talismans||▪ Head ▪ Finger ▪ Neck ▪ Wrist ▪ Luck ▪ Waist ▪ Occult|
|Consumables||▪ Elixir ▪ Energy Drink ▪ Ambrosia ▪ Anima ▪ Food▪ Gadget ▪ Vanity|
|Assembly||▪ Glyph ▪ Signet|
|Other||▪ Bag ▪ Makeup ▪ Pet ▪ Mission ▪ Theatre ▪ Clothing|
|Weapons||▪ Chainsaw ▪ Rocket Launcher ▪ Quantum ▪ Whip▪ Flamethrower|
|Assembly||▪ Toolkit ▪ Materials|