| Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste and see.
TRANSMIT - initiate hel-blár signal - RECEIVE - initiate the Vampyroteuthis Infernalis frequency - STOP ROT BEFORE IT STARTS - initiate the Nørre Nærå Runestone lexicon - WITNESS Draug Island.
| Listen, sweetling. The seagulls scream.
"Draug! Draug! Draug!"
The seagulls are agitated. They are accustomed to eating the bloat-rot flesh of the drowned dead. They are not accustomed to such food walking.
| There squats a tiny island, accessible by rowboat, not so very far from Kingsmouth. Red seaweed chokes the rocky shores. Pods pulsate, full to bursting with vile nativity. The fog covers all in a claustrophobic embrace, swallowing sound to near silences occasionally broken by hungry moans.
The seagulls scream.
|When the fog came, a gargantuan container ship lost its way and ran aground, spilling its cargo over the beach. Men became monsters, either lurching as the walking dead, or breaking out in barnacle soars as the draug - the again walkers - also called draugur and draugar and aptrgangr.||Entry 4||
| The corpse of the ship still rests here. See what lies in its hull.
The seagulls have gone quiet. A crawling shape intrudes. It blots out all reason in inky black madness.
Not even seagulls dare to scream its name.
- These entries qualify for Solomon's Long Road, The Way to World's End, and Tribes Divided
- Getting all 5 is required for Inside the Fog
- Getting all 5 is required for The Buzz
- Entry 1 - hel-blár is Norse for "blue death" and is another name for Draug
- Entry 1 - Vampyroteuthis Infernalis is the proper Genus name for "Vampire Squid", Latin for "Vampire Squid from Hell"
- Entry 1 - The Nørre Nærå Runestone is a Norse runestone that has an inscription on it that was supposed to prevent the dead buried under it from returning as a Drag
|Solomon Island ▪ Valley of the Sun God ▪ Transylvania ▪ Tokyo ▪ Global ▪ The Bestiary ▪ Events|