This article concerns content for Secret World Legends. For the TSW Classic version, click here.
In the wake of the revelations at Orochi Tower, your identity is now in the public spotlight. Societies both secret and public, occult and mundane, will now be looking for you. It is best to lay low while your fraction [sic] handler ponders the next move. Keep a sharp eye behind you.
||Laying Low in the Limelight Story Mission
|UNREPEATABLE (Recommended Level 50)
|In the wake of the revelations at Orochi Tower, your identity is now in the public spotlight. Societies both secret and public, occult and mundane, will now be looking for you. It is best to lay low while your fraction handler ponders the next move. Keep a sharp eye behind you.
|It's time to fade into the shadows and wait for word from on high.
- Await contact from your Faction Handler
There is 1 tier to this mission.
- Await contact from your Faction Handler
- This was a placeholder until new content was added
Bong Cha bumps into you on her way out of faction headquarters.
- Bong Cha: (Korean) Excuse me.
She catches a glimpse of your face, and stops in her tracks.
- Bong Cha: Have we met? You seem familiar. This entire place seems familiar. But nobody seems to know me here.
- Bong Cha: I don't even remember how I came to be here. I was in the library and, and... I have exams coming up and...
One of the Mute Monks walks up to the two of you. The three of you bow, and he leads Bong Cha out of the room. Daimon Kiyota puts his hand on your shoulder from behind.
- Daimon: Forget it, Jake. It's the roulette game. (laughs)
- Daimon: Things change. The cylinder spins. Some stamps get cancelled.
- Daimon: We're going to do things differently. There's a time to contemplate, to model actions. And there's a time to make action! We're going to rip the wings off butterflies. We're going to flap our own hurricanes.
- Daimon: The dark days are gonna be the swingingest whangdoodle of a blow. Let's be mad flappers, you and I. Grab your glad rags. Let's get loaded and jive!
- Daimon: The Fool's prerogative. We taint our honour with irreverence, because doing the impossible is a rudeness to reality, because respect will get this planet dead. And so we cleave to the sacred obscenities. (chuckles)
- Daimon: It's our turn. The barrel puckers. The cylinder spins.
He directs you to the Child, who is also different (namely older). A Mute Monk hands you a cell phone...
You walk in on Kirsten Geary teleconferencing with four suited, menacingly backlit faces visible on her laptop.
- Geary ...yes, I...I understand, but... We couldn't have anticipated the Dragon doing...
- Geary Even the Dragon couldn't have anticipated it. This Daimon Kyota is the x-factor to end all x-factors, a game-changer, he-
She pauses for their response and with her right hand catches blood from a suddenly occurring nosebleed. She stares at it.
- Geary I understand.
She turns to you.
- Geary The talking heads above are...concerned. The Dragon got a leg-up on us in Tokyo.
- Geary That can't happen again. We have to up our game.
- Geary The early bird gets the worm, but the night owl has chunks of early birds in its pellets. Understand?
- Geary We're going to play things differently in the future, and that future includes you.
- Geary Consider this a vertical move on the holy ladder.
She approaches you and shakes your hand.
- Geary I'd say, "Congratulations, it's all going to be smooth water from here," but...
You gape at your hand as Geary rotates the laptop on her desk to show...
You walk into Sonnac's office to witness him receiving a punishment beating from an armored Templar and a bald, dress-suited man in a white face mask. They notice you.
- Richard Sonnac: Where are my manners?
- Richard Sonnac: May I introduce Pit (indicating masked suited man) and Pendulum (introducing armored Templar). They are the baleful manifestation of the displeasure of those above.
- Richard Sonnac: I'm sorry, gentlemen, I can never seem to remember: which one of you is worse?
Pendulum moves to strike him, Pit notes Dame Julia in doorway, and stops him - they withdraw.
- Richard Sonnac: Dame Julia.
Dame Julia gestures awkwardly and departs.
- Richard Sonnac: Sin eaters...
- Richard Sonnac: Grotesque duo, aren't they? Their embossed business cards read: "Necessary Evil."
- Richard Sonnac: It would seem the Old Guard is upset, and some of them have more restraint than others.
- Richard Sonnac: They think the Dragon got the upper hand in Tokyo. They're right, of course, but that misses the point.
- Richard Sonnac: This is the point: you did the impossible. You are the New Blood;
- Richard Sonnac: you are on the rise, and that makes them uncomfortable.
- Richard Sonnac: Some will give you grudging respect. Some will desire you to fail.
- Richard Sonnac: In the future, we will have to make a better showing against the Dragon.
- Richard Sonnac: Right or wrong, the Old Guard will use any perceived slip against us politically.
- Richard Sonnac: Do you feel that? The curtain falls. After a brief intermission, it will rise on a whole new act of our plot.
- Richard Sonnac: You are the New Blood, and you've only just begun to rise.
- Richard Sonnac: We are going to anger more than a few grey beards before we're done, you and I.
He turns the laptop on his desk around so you watch...
|Common - Coda
A breaking news broadcast is being displayed with the QBL logo...
- Voiceover: QBL Media News: We are the world.
- Anchor: Tonight's top story:
- Anchor: Authorities have identified several individuals connected with the, as yet, unidentified radical political group
- Anchor: which made the recent terrorist attack on Kaidan, Tokyo.
- Anchor: Authorities have released images of the suspects.
Photos of several secret worlders begin to appear on the screen.
- Anchor: The suspects were recently seen in Kaidan,
- Anchor: despite the quarantine wall.
The final photograph appears and is a closeup of you!
- Anchor: Officials state that these suspects are involved with a still active death cult
- Anchor: and are to be considered extremely dangerous.
- Anchor: Do not approach.
- Anchor: Report any sightings to authorities.
- Anchor: We will keep you updated as the eyes of the world turn on the most wanted fugitives of the century.
- This was a placeholder mission until season 2 began.
- This mission is the end of story content in The Secret World.