Into The Inferno
WARNING! This is a dungeon mission!
- For a story-mode dungeon, at level, it is highly recommended that you have at least 2 additional players with you.
You can use the Activity Finder to form a group automatically.
|Into The Inferno|
|Start Location:||Overlook Motel|
|Given by:||Daniel Bach|
|Added in:||Update 2.0|
Daniel Bach's quarry, the hellraiser Theodore Wicker, is the cause of the hellish events at the Overlook Motel. Cross to the other side and find him before the situation worsens.
This is a single tier mission and is a framing mission for the Hell Raised dungeon.
This is a start-to-finish run, and there are no optional paths or choices to make. Keep moving forward and you will be doing the right thing.
- Enter the ominous door
- In the middle of Room 13
- Only one person in the group needs to do this step. All other members will get a "do you wish to enter the dungeon" message once the first person in the group has done this.
- Survey the surroundings
- Search for Theodore Wicker.
- Kill the Hardwired Fleshtank.
- Press deeper into Hell.
- You will fight the Traumadriver along the way
- Get through the ruins.
- Defeat Recursia, Many-in-One.
- Climb the plateau.
- Destroy the Machine Tyrant.
- Daniel Bach: Can't keep away, huh? Looks like you got the same jonessing as me
- Daniel Bach: And let me tell you, until it got its hooks in, I didn't do obsession. Even my ADD has ADD.
- Daniel Bach: It's where I get my edge (Shaking a pill bottle) "That and the fast food, to keep me real fast.
- Daniel Bach: No good now. Once you see that place, you've stared at the sun.
- Daniel Bach: Close your eyes and it's imprinted on your retinas. Deserts on fire, sky like an open mouth, twisted goddamn creatures with...
- Daniel Bach: a terrible fucking beauty. It's poetic.
- Daniel Bach: I hear them when I sleep, or sometimes when I'm awake. They know all our names, and all our bullshit. How to run an ego and stop just short of climax.
- Daniel Bach: They say they'll be my muse, my masterpiece, my Pulitzer. All access, all coke and BJs.
- Daniel Bach: Dante never had it so good.
- Daniel Bach: It's way past too late for me. Room's coming apart.
- Daniel Bach: Guess Wicker clocked out.
- Daniel Bach: I can feel it all, like a scab picked away to the mess beneath.
- Daniel Bach: But there's still time for you to do your thing, whatever that is.
- Daniel Bach: And, hey, if you see my old editor on the other side? Tell her we'll do lunch soon.
A voice will call to you as you start down the path to Hell
- Unknown Voice: Oh! Sweet deliverance. You have come. Help us. Please deliver us from our enemies. Time is running out. Wicker is here!
Before First Boss
Before engaging the first boss, the voice will speak to you again
- Unknown Voice: Beware the hellish instruments. Your life - your sweet virginal life - it is fuel to them.
Before Third Boss
Before engaging the third boss, the voice will speak to you again
- Unknown Voice: Don't expect safe footing. In the heat of the slag pit, the foundry brute is king.
Before Fourth Boss
Before engaging the fourth boss, the voice will speak to you again
- Unknown Voice: Hurry! Come to me. Before the demon army scents you out. They loathe all Wicker has done, and you also.
After Fourth Boss
After defeating the fourth boss, the voice will speak to you again
- Unknown Voice: Once all was perfect. Like you. But it was left to rot in the vile glasshouse of its planters. So cruel!
Before Fifth Boss
Before engaging the fifth boss, the voice will speak to you again
- Unknown Voice: Spiteful tart. Nuclear mistress. This one's eunuchs are taught to crave an explosive union.
Before Final Boss
Before engaging the final boss, the voice will speak to you again
- Unknown Voice: Your world is bleeding, bleeding anima. This war-machine is its vampire, protected by the portal's power. Separate them, kill it, be our saviour. Be our saviour.
After Final Boss
The cryptic voice reveals herself to be a succubus, Wicker's Saccharissa
- Saccharissa: So sorry.
- Saccharissa: Your princess...
- Saccharissa: is in another castle.
- Theodore Wicker: (To Saccharissa) Saccharissa.
- Theodore Wicker: (To the group) You came for me, I presume.
- Theodore Wicker: I wouldn't want seem ungrateful, but emotion is...
- Theodore Wicker: a phantom itch now.
- Theodore Wicker: We are not the same species, you and I ...
- Theodore Wicker: I have no nostalgia for Earth.
- Theodore Wicker: I cut it out.
- Theodore Wicker: My body rejected it.
- Theodore Wicker: Do you know,
- Theodore Wicker: it was the soul I stripped away which allowed me to commit such awful crimes.
- Theodore Wicker: Psychopathy is a quite human trait.
- Theodore Wicker: Now I am beyond the cage of humanity. I am...
- Theodore Wicker: rarefied.
- Theodore Wicker: This dimension has worked a great alchemy on me,
- Theodore Wicker: and in return I mean to restore it...
- Theodore Wicker: to greatness.
- Theodore Wicker: Every petrified forest must start from a single manganese seed.
- Theodore Wicker: You're feeling short of breath.
- Theodore Wicker: The atmosphere is oxidising your blood, turning it to metal.
- Theodore Wicker: In my realm, that which does not make you stronger...
- Theodore Wicker: kills you.
- Theodore Wicker: Go back to your world.
- Theodore Wicker: Go back with my thanks.
- Theodore Wicker: When present matters are concluded, I'll see to it that the rifts are welded closed.
- Theodore Wicker: You have my word.
- Saccharissa: You, me...
- Saccharissa: on a beach of razor fossils.
- Saccharissa: The vultures of Leng plucking your nerve endings like a fabulous instrument.
- Saccharissa: Call me sometime?
- This mission is required for the Reporter without Borders achievement
- This mission is required for the For the Kindness of Strangers achievement
|Solomon Island Missions||▪ Kingsmouth ▪ Savage Coast ▪ Blue Mountain|
|Valley of the Sun God Missions||▪ Scorched Desert ▪ City of the Sun God|
|Transylvania Missions||▪ Besieged Farmlands ▪ Shadowy Forest ▪ Carpathian Fangs|
|Tokyo Missions||▪ Kaidan|
|South Africa missions||▪ New Dawn|
|Faction Missions||▪ Dragon ▪ Illuminati ▪ Templars|
|Other Missions||▪ Hub Cities ▪ Scenarios ▪ Seasonal ▪ Events|