Elemental Fire and Lightning abilities build up heat and grow in power the hotter they become. Elemental cold abilities diminish the heat and must be used to prevent overheating.
Elemental Focus (also known as Elementalism) are one of the primary weapon abilities. They are long-ranged weapons, with most abilities having a range of 15-meters.
Elementalism is primarily associated with with abilities that focus on making enemies Hindered or Afflicted, attacking with Strike or Chain attacks, and landing Critical hits. They are primarily suited for the role of Damage Dealing.
The Special Ability for Hammers is called Thermotics.
Elemental abilities are typically one of three types:
- Fire Based - These abilities increase your Thermotic meter
- Lightning Based - These abilities increase your Thermotic meter
- Ice Based - These abilities decrease your Thermotic meter
As your Thermotic Meter increases, your elemental abilities do additional damage. However, if the meter reaches 100 then you will be unable to use any abilities except your ice-based. The amount of additional damage depends on your current meter level:
- 0 to 25 = Normal damage
- 26 to 50 = +8.7% damage for Elemental abilities
- 51 to 75 = +17.4% damage for Elemental abilities
- 77 to 99 = +34.8% damage for Elemental abilities
- 100 = +34.8% damage for Elemental abilities, but only Ice-based abilities can be used
Even if you do not use an ice-based ability, your thermotic meter will cool down on its own over time.
- 1 to 25 = 1 heat per second
- 26 to 50 = 2 heat per second
- 51 to 75 = 3 heat per second
- 76 to 100 = 4 heat per second
- Out of Combat = 5 heat per second in addition to the normal amount listed above
Active abilities are broken down into three paths - Resonance, Disturbance, Tempest
- The Resonance path focuses on Damage and includes:
- The Disturbance focuses on creating manifestations and includes:
- The Tempest path focuses on Damage and includes:
See the individual ability pages for more details, or Elemental abilities for a consolidated list
There is one passive skill that feeds into all paths, and then 5 (unnamed) paths of passive abilities
- The initial ability is:
- The First path focuses on modifying Active Abilities in the Resonance path and includes:
- The Second path focuses on modifying Active Abilities in the Disturbance path and includes:
- The Third path focuses on modifying Active Abilities in the Tempest path and includes:
- The Fourth path focuses on adding additional damage and heat to the Thermotic meter and includes:
- The Fifth path focuses on and removing head from the Thermotic meter and includes:
See the individual ability pages for more details, or Blood Magic abilities for a consolidated list
- Main article: Classes
The following starter Classes incorporate Elemental Focus into their build, and the 'role' they serve.
- Magus (Achievement)
- Assassin (Achievement)
- Thaumaturgist (Achievement)
- Now I am the Master
- 9th Degree Black Belt
<a href="https://twitter.com/SecretWorldLgds/status/870004880219426816">Elemental Spotlight</a>
Weapons Deep Dive, Elemental Focus - See also Weapons Deep Dive
|Weapons||▪ Assault Rifle ▪ Pistols ▪ Shotgun ▪ Blade ▪ Fists ▪ Hammer ▪ Blood Focus ▪ Chaos Focus ▪ Elemental Focus|
|Talismans||▪ Head ▪ Finger ▪ Neck ▪ Wrist ▪ Luck ▪ Waist ▪ Occult|
|Consumables||▪ Elixir ▪ Energy Drink ▪ Ambrosia ▪ Anima ▪ Food▪ Gadget ▪ Vanity|
|Assembly||▪ Glyph ▪ Signet|
|Other||▪ Bag ▪ Makeup ▪ Pet ▪ Mission ▪ Theatre ▪ Clothing|
|Weapons||▪ Chainsaw ▪ Rocket Launcher ▪ Quantum Brace ▪ Whip▪ Flamethrower|
|Assembly||▪ Toolkit ▪ Materials|