Dungeons are Instances in TSW meant for groups. In fact, trying to enter a dungeon with a group of less than 5 people will generate a warning box on your screen. However, the warning box is just a reminder that dungeons are meant for a full group, and it will not prevent you from going in with a smaller group (or even solo).
Each dungeon has 3 three versions (referred to as "Modes") available to it (although not all 3 for all dungeons have been implemented yet).
- Normal - This is the base version, and is generally run at a level appropriate for the zone it is found in
- Elite - This is a harder version, and is meant to be run by players who have Quality Level10 gear and have maxed out their Skills in their Weaponss
- Nightmare - This is the hardest version. They are meant for end-game players who have mastered their Abilities, and are often best approached by a group that used to working with each other.
- Nightmare dungeons require a player to have completed the mission The Gatekeeper in order to be allowed to enter
Note: TSW has implemented the difficulty feature by placing the entrance to each difficulty level at a different location, rather than selecting the difficulty when entering. The entrances for Elite and Nightmare modes are found in Agartha.
So far, all dungeons in TSW have a standard 6-boss layout, and typically follow the same basic pattern:
- The first boss is often a DPS check - if you can't take them down easy enough then you may want to back out and try again later.
- Bosses 2 through 5 often have some sort of mechanic involved that characters need to learn (AoE to avoid, adds to kill, etc).
- The final boss typically has many mechanics, often variations of those encountered with previous bosses.
All dungeons have the same basic drop pattern:
- 1st Boss - 2 random generic items
- Bosses 2, 3, 4, 5 - Two of these will drop 2 random generic items, and two bosses will drop 2 named items
- 6th Boss - 3 named items
- In a normal dungeon, the item will be Uncommon/Green Rarity and Quality Level appropriate to the dungeon (see table below).
- In Elite difficulty dungeons the items will be Rare/Blue Rarity and a Quality Level that is Quality Level +5-6 from the normal version of the dungeon (up to Quality Level10).
- In Nightmare difficulty Unknown
- On Normal difficulty, they will be Blue/Rare Rarity and the same level as the dungeon.
- On Elite difficulty they will be Blue/Rare Rarity and Quality Level 10
- On Nightmare difficulty they will be Purple/Epic Rarity and Quality Level of 10.1 or 10.2
The tables below shows the current dungeons in the game, the associated mission (for normal dungeons) and the Quality Level of gear players should have before attempting the dungeon.
There are also Seasonal dungeons, that may only be accessible during their associated season. The following is a list of seasons and associated dungeons: