SWL SpecificThis article contains content specific to Secret World Legends. For TSW Classic version, click here.
Each dungeon has 3 three primary difficulty levels:
- Normal - AKA "Story Mode". This is the base version, and is generally run at a level appropriate for the zone it is found in
- Elite - This is a harder version than normal, and comes with 10 different difficulty settings
- Elite 1 thru 4 - These scale up the difficulty of the monsters in the dungeon as well as some increased loot rewards
- Elite 5 thru 10 - These continue to scale up the difficulty and loot rewards. But, in a addition, Bosses now have additional abilities and there may be additional obstacles added to the fight
- Nightmare - Not yet in game
So far, all dungeons in SWL have a standard 6-boss layout, and typically follow the same basic pattern:
- The first boss is often a DPS check - if you can't take them down easy enough then you may want to back out and try again later.
- Bosses 2 through 5 often have some sort of mechanic involved that characters need to learn (AoE to avoid, adds to kill, etc).
- The final boss typically has many mechanics, often a culmination of those encountered with previous bosses.
Loot is dispensed from Dungeon Caches found after each boss defeated in the dungeon.
The caches after each of the first five bosses in the dungeon are typically identical in what they may possibly drop. The cache found after defeating the 6th and final boss in the dungeon typically has higher quality rewards. If players are limited in the number of Dungeon Keys they have, or plan on running numerous dungeons - they may want to save their keys for the Dungeon Cache from the 6th boss.
The tables below shows the current dungeons in the game, the associated mission (for normal dungeons) and the recommended Level of the players for attempting the dungeon.
There are also Seasonal dungeons, that may only be accessible during their associated season. The following is a list of seasons and associated dungeons: