A Time to Every Purpose
|A Time to Every Purpose|
|Region:||Valley of the Sun God|
|Start Location:||Hotel Wahid International|
|End location:||Hotel Wahid International|
|Recommended Level:||No Data|
|Added in:||Update 2.0|
Saïd has the contacts and means necessary to find out what the cultists are planning. he's willing to help, but only if his terms are met. Recover an ancient Roman relic from him and he'll dig up the information you need.
There are 3 tiers to this mission.
- Read the manual about the Time Tombs
- It's on a chair at the table Saïd is sitting at
- Use the Time Tomb southwest of the oasis
- Find the Roman City
- Marked on your map, walk down towards the lake and the city should be easily visible on your left side.
- Find a way to enter undetected
- You will find a dead body in a cave at (238, 573).
- "Using" that body will give you Citizen's Robes in your inventory
- Use them from your inventory to wear them as a disguise
- Infiltrate Sol Glorificus
- With your disguise on, you can safely walk past citizens.
- Beware of the guards! They will see through your disguise and eject you from the city. You will awaken back at the Time Tomb where you first entered the instance
- Enter the city on through the left gate, take the first turn left, second turn right and first turn left again.
- You'll have to get about half-way through the city before the mission updates
- Find the descendant who keeps the Ancile
- Work your way to the square on the north-western side of the city
- The guard on the southernmost passage way will be asleep, and you can walk by him safely
- Once on the square, there will be an altar with a orange-glowing item on it and people praying to it
- Click on older man standing next to the altar - Scion of Pompilius - and he will take the Ancile and walk up the stairs
- Steal the Ancile
- You can get into the temple by going just left of the stairs (watch out for the guard from the temple on the left).
- Once inside, pick up any of the five Anciles.
- Put Back the Ancile
- Use the white [ ] brackets at the pedestal you just took it from
- Find a document about making replicas of the Ancile
- The documents can be found at (128,604).
- You can enter the building from the south-east side, the guard on that side is asleep and won't spot you.
- Make replicas of the Ancile
- Read the scroll found on top of the documents at (128,604), detailing which materials you can get from deconstructing certain items.
- Take the staff found on top of the documents at (128,604) and disassemble it in your Assembly window.
- Take the golden crested spear found at (169,661) and deconstruct it.
- Take the metallic urn at (102,613) inside the temple and deconstruct it. The guard is asleep so you can just walk past him.
- Assemble the replica according to the pattern found in the documents.
- Take the Ancile and put a replica in its place
- Go back to the main temple, take the Ancile and use the stand again to put the replica back.
- Find a safe area outside the city to hide the Ancile
- Go the same way out of the city as you came in.
- Bury the Ancile near the half-finished statue of Mars at (307,633).
- Travel back to the present Scorched Desert
- Go back to the Time Tomb and use it to travel to the present.
- Recover the Ancile
- Run to the Statue of Mars and use it to dig up the Ancile.
- A cut-scene will trigger once you do this.
- Fight off the assailants
- Bring the Ancile to Saïd
- Return to Saïd to complete the mission.
- Saïd is talking on his phone as you approach
- Saïd: ...bound to pop up eventually. Call me back.
- Saïd: (Hanging up his phone and talking to you) "Without us they'll never acquire top calibur" So I told myself.
- Saïd: Oh sure, people have been known to get things down without me.
- Saïd: But the work I did to sign, seal, and deliver the goods...
- Saïd: It was downright artistic!
- Saïd: Memories, brrr.
- Saïd: Let's not dwell on the past.
- Saïd Receives a text message
- Saïd: (Rising from his chair) I take that back. Let's dwell a while, shall we?
- Saïd: No matter how much time goes by, you never forget the ones that got away.
- Saïd: In my case it was a divine little Roman thing. Came traipsing through here a millennium ago.
- Saïd: Ah, to imagine what might have been.
- Saïd: Temples, monuments, people - they all just bleed into each other.
- Saïd: But the Ancile of Mars...
- Saïd receives another text message
- Saïd: I know what you're thinking: "Saïd, after all you've done for me, after all you've done for Egypt, I'd be honoured to get you the Ancile.
- Saïd: If only I had time!"
- Saïd: Well, supposing you did have time, hm?
- Saïd: Besides, if those Romans were who I think they are, you'd be doing yourself a favor.
- Saïd: Those are my terms:
- Saïd: You dig up the Ancile for me and I dig up information for you.
- Saïd's phone rings
- Saïd: I'm going to take this...
- Saïd: Oh and read the manual. I don't want you crawling back as a temporal anomaly.
- Saïd tosses you a coin
- Abdel Daoud: It is disappointing to find you here, running errands.
- Abdel Daoud: You do not make good use of the gifts you have been given.
- Abdel Daoud: You are working for The Kingdom.
- Abdel Daoud: What do you know of this man?
- Abdel Daoud: This thing.
- Abdel Daoud: He crawled from his tomb, a man out of time.
- Abdel Daoud: And did he improve the world? Did he take up a cause?
- Abdel Daoud: No, he lost himself in wealth and debauchery.
- Abdel Daoud: Do you think he believes in what you do?
- Abdel Daoud: This man, this Kingdom, he believes in nothing.
- Abdel Daoud: His morals are as far behind him as his memories of being alive.
- Abdel Daoud: Such a waste of immortality.
- Abdel Daoud: Aten sends me dreams of Tokyo.
- Abdel Daoud: The beautiful madness.
- Abdel Daoud: He whispers that it can happen again and he shows me the way.
- Abdel Daoud: But the first time, the beginning?
- Abdel Daoud: Ask your friend. Ask him why the children of Tokyo lie broken in the streets.
- Abdel Daoud: You cannot be killed.
- Abdel Daoud: But my men will harry you across this earth.
- Abdel Daoud: Run back to your "friend".
- Abdel Daoud: You cannot stop me.
- Upon completion, the mission The City Beneath Us is automatically started, unless on cooldown.
- The mission O Tempora! O Mores! is found within the Sol Glorificus, 329AD (Instance) while on Tier 2, and can only be run while on that tier of this mission
- Lore:The Breaks in Time Entry #2 is located behind the first Time Tomb - make sure to pick it up either before going in or when coming out
- Lore:The Breaks in Time Entry #3 is located on the eastern side of the Sol Glorificus, 329AD (Instance). You'll want to pick it up while on Tier 2 of this mission.
- If the guards are alerted to your presence, sometimes they do not reset when you respawn. You can work around this by typing
/resetin the chat window.
- Sometimes assembling the Ancile doesn't work as it should, try placing the materials on a lower row if this occurs.
- This mission is required for the The Last Train to Cairo achievement
- The Ancile was a divine shield in kept in the temple of Mars. Wikipedia - Ancile
|Solomon Island Missions||▪ Kingsmouth ▪ Savage Coast ▪ Blue Mountain|
|Valley of the Sun God Missions||▪ Scorched Desert ▪ City of the Sun God|
|Transylvania Missions||▪ Besieged Farmlands ▪ Shadowy Forest ▪ Carpathian Fangs|
|Tokyo Missions||▪ Kaidan|
|Faction Missions||▪ Dragon ▪ Illuminati ▪ Templars|
|Other Missions||▪ Hub Cities ▪ Scenarios ▪ Seasonal ▪ Events|